Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cam choice 89 fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cam choice 89 fox
Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murder mach  Ford pictures for Murder mach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
89 roller motor running msd, edelbrock 289 intake and carb.stock head, will have headers but not yet.5 speed car running stock gears going 373's

What's a good cam that's not to expensive that will make decent torque on my setup and still have some Lope.not looking to change springs or heads yet.it's daily driven just want some lope

Posts: 860 | From: stockton area | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
E303
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
B303

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock ho cam with 1.7 s

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murder mach  Ford pictures for Murder mach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was. Thinking of the b303 also but some ppl was saying I'd be better with split duration cause it could use the help in the exhaust side.and also the nay sayers saying it's 'to old'
I personally like the b303 sound and 480. Lift is a good lift.not to big not to small

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id have a look to see what kind of shape your valve springs are in to be honest.

B303 is a great little cam and so is the TFS stage 1. Noisy, perform reasonably well. But without decent springs it will all just be noise.

The stock cam with 1.7s will outperform all of them but wont lope hard.

--------------------

Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

Older springs won't utilize the lift?

Ah I see, I hear ya on the ratio rockers.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by outlawdragger:

Worn out springs just dont have the spring pressures to keep up with the more aggressive lift and duration

--------------------

Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

banks86coupe
¯
Member # 11683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for banks86coupe  Ford pictures for banks86coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have brand new 1.7s not even 500 miles on them paid 260 from summit pm if interested

--------------------
86 4 eyed coupe h/c/i full exhaust

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forget the cam. Save you money for a while and buy some BIG heads and 1.7 rockers.
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Murder mach
¯
Member # 10590

It's getting a cam.that part is for sure.just want to know what would be decent with mild parts.

I already said it's going to get gt40 heads eventually.that's what it will have. Carbed, 289 alumni intake, headers, gt40's and Mallory ignition

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a setup back in the days that had 1.7's, Edelbrock RPM, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, STOCK E7 heads with fresh springs, 1 5/8 bbk longtubes, off road exhaust etc. Just set the timing to 15 on the balancer and fuel to 40. Took it to the track and on it's first pass ran 13.00 at 106.7 in a 3450 lb car. Only time I took it out before I sold the car.

If you are gonna cam it, put some springs in it.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com