Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » motor vacuum lines

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: motor vacuum lines
richard furiosi
¯
Member # 11733

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard furiosi  Ford pictures for richard furiosi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a 1989 mustang gt 5 speed vacuum lines in the motor bay on passenger side there is a red, black,white, and green does anyone know were these go? please if someone knows or can help me i would appreciate it thanks

--------------------
richard furiosi

Posts: 12 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Hope this helps

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALMOST STOCK  Ford pictures for ALMOST STOCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you still have all your smog equipment if so there should be another black rubber 5 port connector that the Red, Green, White and Black you asked about hook up too?
The other end of the 5 port connector should have 2 white plastic lines and 2 black plastic lines hooked to it and they go to you Air Diverter valve, Air Bypass valve, EGR and to the back of you upper intake where all your vacuum line exit to the different locations.

-

[ December 17, 2012, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: ALMOST STOCK ]

Posts: 94 | From: Cameron Park, Calif | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
richard furiosi
¯
Member # 11733

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard furiosi  Ford pictures for richard furiosi    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
were do they wires to the right of the pic go?

--------------------
richard furiosi

ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALMOST STOCK  Ford pictures for ALMOST STOCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you talking to me or 50Reasons ?
richard furiosi
¯
Member # 11733

you almost stock do you know were the wires on the right side of the pic go? thanks for your help

--------------------
richard furiosi

ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

I'll assume you're talking about the Black and White vacuum line that go to the right of the Red, Black, Green and White vacuum lines at the connector?
The Red vacuum line changes to a Black vacuum line and it got to under the bottom of your upper intake

The Green lines changes to a White vacuum line and it goes to your EGR.

The Black vacuum line stays Black and goes to your your Air Bypass Valve which is right behind your smog pump.

The White line stays White and goes to your Air Diverter Valve which is behind the Air By pass valve.

None of those are wires they are all vacuum lines if that helps?

[ December 17, 2012, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: ALMOST STOCK ]

richard furiosi
¯
Member # 11733

thanks very much you were very helpful i appreciate it and i appreciate the others guys info as well have a great christmas take care

--------------------
richard furiosi

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com