Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hatch stuck closed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hatch stuck closed
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I try to open my hatch this morning and its stuck closed any ideas on how to break the latch free I'm going to replace it.I can hear it unlock but it won't open lmk cafords its a 93 mustang
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try and have someone lightly press downward on hatch when pressing button and see if it opens.
Have you tried the key lock ?
Could be a bad latch assembly, these are specific to 92/93 hatchbacks
I should have a good used one available

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mustanguytim yea I tryed that no luck with the botten lightly press down and I tryed the key and pressing down lightly aswell no luck pm with the price for that part thanks
dohc90lx
¯
Member # 11863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohc90lx  Ford pictures for dohc90lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look on the botom side of the hatch lid by the licence plate, you will see a black tab about the size of a key fob with one rivet in it. drill out the rivet and pull the black tab straight out, you will be able to now pull the hatch lock cylynder out from the outside and use a long flat head screwdriver to open it.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine has been stuck for a bit too. I tried everything but drilling out the rivot as mentioned above. I think I will try that as well. Any other ideas? OP did you ever get it open?
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
Mine has been stuck for a bit too. I tried everything but drilling out the rivot as mentioned above. I think I will try that as well. Any other ideas? OP did you ever get it open?

Not yet I haven't tryed to once I get a chance una try ill let you guys know how it goes
christian89
¯
Member # 11563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for christian89  Ford pictures for christian89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wiggle the Hatch Side to Side and it should open have somebody help you... You get on one side and the other person on the other...
Posts: 56 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by christian89:
Wiggle the Hatch Side to Side and it should open have somebody help you... You get on one side and the other person on the other...

This is actually one of the first things I tried and no luck for me.
Fast(er) Eddie
¯
Member # 4737

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast(er) Eddie  Ford pictures for Fast(er) Eddie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had this happen to me a long long time ago.
I shot the lock out.
I promptly received a citation for unlawful discharge of a firearm.

My irrational solution worked for me, however it is not highly recommended. [patriot]

[ December 25, 2012, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Fast(er) Eddie ]

--------------------
2004 DSG Vert

Posts: 584 | From: Dirty Five Thirty | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast(er) Eddie:
I had this happen to me a long long time ago.
I shot the lock out.
I promptly received a citation for unlawful discharge of a firearm.

My irrational solution worked for me, however it is not highly recommended. [patriot]

Beast

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com