Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HP guess??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HP guess??
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was planning in doing a Lil budget build with my parts I have laying around. Ima do a stock bottom end 302 , gt-40 heads , cobra upper n lower with a 70 mm throttle body , and a b cam I know it's old technology but I already have it do might a well use it also a electric water pump with no front accessories has the crank and alt. also some Mac long tubes jus wondering what size roller rockers I should go with? I want to make the most hp I can get from this ima be racing this car on the street and track lmk thanks ca fords

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.7 RR's would be nice but you would have to change the springs.. should be around 275ish hp.. I would rather go with shortys with this setup.. but everyone has their own preference..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably the 280-300 range, crank hp

Don't do it box stock, match the heads to the lower, and smooth out the runners and turns. Work on the exhaust ports too

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's what I was looking for 280+ hp I was going to take my heads and lower manifold to gasket match everythingt at least

--------------------

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by El kommander:
That's what I was looking for 280+ hp I was going to take my heads and lower manifold to gasket match everythingt at least

you lookin for 280+ at the crank or the wheels??

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
Originally posted by El kommander:

you lookin for 280+ at the crank or the wheels??
I would like to get 300 at the crank but I'll take as much as I can since I just have tr parts laying around

--------------------

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ford racing recomends 1.6 rr

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com