Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 351 intake???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 351 intake???
primeredbeast89dropgt
¯
Member # 10102

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for primeredbeast89dropgt  Ford pictures for primeredbeast89dropgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As title says I was wonder if I would be able to use a holly systemax upper on a gt40 lower, if I port it a little? Do the bolts line up properly? Would I get any gains or would it make things worse?

Thanks ca Ford's appreciate any advice

--------------------
89 vert gt

Posts: 208 | From: san francisco to antioch | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no completely different design. now if u have a holley upper, i think its similiar to a stock runner design used in some pick ups late 80s early 90s design. u might be able to port match or get it close.
primeredbeast89dropgt
¯
Member # 10102

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for primeredbeast89dropgt  Ford pictures for primeredbeast89dropgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Duncan. Any specific pick up or it shouldn't matter just in between those years?

--------------------
89 vert gt

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man lol im noe sure. its just the intake runner gotta have the same runner design, go explore or ask that specific question on here u might get a better answer, sorry
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some trucks had the gt40 lower so you can throw a cobra/gt40/tubular upper on top and some had a 351w Holley lower. That's the rare one. Believe it was stock just rare as hell. An Duncan know his shit I saw his work

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
primeredbeast89dropgt
¯
Member # 10102

Haha its all good Duncan I appreciate the info and thanks James for the help as well. Sounds like a headache so ima keep it simple and just put a cobra or gt40 upper thanks again guys [patriot]

--------------------
89 vert gt

AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to go with the truck lower with the Holley upper, but after asking on corral and theturboforums everyone told me the truck lower was to restrictive. I ended up going with a gt40 lower (ported) and a cartech box upper.

--------------------
-American Revolution-

primeredbeast89dropgt
¯
Member # 10102

A R stang is that upper better flowing then the gt40 and cobra upper? Is it smog legal?

--------------------
89 vert gt

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which Systemax upper do you have?The stock replacement or the Systemax 2.The first one has stock style ports with revised runners.The second one has the rectangular runners.If you have a Systemax 1 you can use an oval port stock lower.If you have the Systemax 2 the truck lower will look like it will work but it wont.The runners dont line up quite right and you'll get cross runner leaks.Youll need the correct lower to use the Systemax 2.And GT40 is 100% different from a Holley.You could use an Explorer upper with the GT40 lower though.

[ December 04, 2012, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com