Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Idle air control valve

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Idle air control valve
Ronnie707
¯
Member # 8621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ronnie707  Ford pictures for Ronnie707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When its cold out side and i first start my car it surges back n fourth between about 600-1200 rpms however after about 2 mins when its warm its fine again...heard it could be the idle air control valve??would i need to adjust it or just replace it??thanks for the help
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The IAC is not adjustable, so if that is the problem then it will need to be replaced. Another option would be to fiddle with the idle adjustment screw that is near the throttle linkage underneath the throttelbody to see if that remedies your problem. Also for future reference make sure to post the year, make and model of the car in question, the more we know the better we can try to help. And also are you using or have you installed an aftermarket tB?

[ November 29, 2012, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just use some brake cleaner and clean it out.
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
9svt8'
¯
Member # 11410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9svt8'  Ford pictures for 9svt8'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a ford ranger do the exact same thing & it was the IAC

--------------------
96' gt - totaled
98' cobra
ROYAL EMPIRE

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com