Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » question on FPR settings

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: question on FPR settings
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys i have a quick question the setup im running is stock 302 exhaust explorer intake 6 lbs of boost and e cam
what should my fuel pressure be at i have 36 lb injectors i think dveous set it at 44
i can smell the fumes running pretty rich i check plugs today and seem good might be running rich.

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
44 when ? WOT ?

idle ?

vac is on? or off ?

thats hi no matter what...but to what degree i cant say

42 WOT, 36 with vac off at idle i would say is good for you, more if your scared to go lean, but no more than 38 FOR SURE

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to be honest bob im not sure what he said it at maybe idle i just no he said he set it at 44. i kinda wanted to get some numbers so i can dial it in at school since we have all the tools there.

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

forgot to mention timing is set at 12 is that fine always running 91 octane

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
44 psi at idle would be CRAZY phat

do you have a gauge in the rail or anywhere else ? or have to hook up at school? im assuming your hooking into the rail right ?

the problem you might find too is that it might be too bouncy to set, those are vac leaks

do it with vac line off and try to get 42 or 43, then put the vac line on and see if its at 36 or 37

if it is....your good

if its not do your best...but err on phat rather than lean

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

quote:
Originally posted by sleeping stallion:

ive sprayed with 89 on a 100 shot, but it isnt really smart LOL

91 on 12* is super safe even at about 100* outside and boost

when its cool out and im not racing i run 87 and 12*

if its under 80* i regularly run 89 octane and 100 shot, on 12*

and.... SEMPER FI !!! i was a 0341, my son just grad'd air force basic training a couple weeks ago

[ November 20, 2012, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: nitrous_bob ]

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

orahh semper fidelis
would you recommend me getting a gauge on that aeromotive regulator. i think it would be easy to adjust. im not sure. yes at school im pretty sure we would hook it up to the fuel rail unless i can hook it up to the actual regulator. ill double check on what you are talking about vac on and off thanks

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

well yes and no on the rail gauge

its convenient for working on the car, but useless while driving it. if you run a FP gauge to the cowl its best, as you can see problems while racing or otherwise at WOT, but not while working on it

the best fuel pressure gauges have fuel in the line, so you need to run them outside the vehicle or use a separator (its basically a block filled with oil..that uses oil to the gauge and fuel to the oil)

but you should have at least one or the other.... its a good tool and will eliminate a lot of guesswork

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
Originally posted by sleeping stallion:

ive sprayed with 89 on a 100 shot, but it isnt really smart LOL

91 on 12* is super safe even at about 100* outside and boost

when its cool out and im not racing i run 87 and 12*

if its under 80* i regularly run 89 octane and 100 shot, on 12*

and.... SEMPER FI !!! i was a 0341, my son just grad'd air force basic training a couple weeks ago

Lazy ass mortarman [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He probably set it that ridiculously high because u have no fmu on the car......if u go lowering it on that explorer motor u could run into problems....BOOM.

Put a wideband on it like I told ya mo.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:

Lazy ass mortarman [Big Grin]

hey....i'll quote mickey rourke from "white sands"

"why walk , when one can be ridden"

HAHA !

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12 degrees of timing with no timing taken out on top, bad idea with boost.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably set fuel pressure so high because there is probably no tune.

Only PROPER way of running that car is to get a tune. Some people like running a FMU to retard timing for them, but I would rather take it to a reputable tuner to take care of everything for you. And definitely get a wideband.. dont make the mistake of buying a narrowband either. For the time being, back off your timing to around 8* to be a bit safer.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

all that scary talk is heat related

whats the ambient temp as of late ?

humidity ?

your speaking voodoo, its irrelevant right now with cool temps

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Hey sorry guys long weekend ya Dan I'm looking at the innovate one or if anyone of you recommend better one pls chime in. As far as timing goes I will back it up for sure I don't race it its just a drive around car get on it every now and then.

As far as the tune it will be getting tuned for sure.
I have a fmu with the 36 lb setup should I throw that on I have hesitated on installing it just because the car is running good. Safer then sorry though

I just want to thank everyone that has helped me this far hope all you had an awesome week

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com