Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » motor swap part II

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: motor swap part II
61falcon
¯
Member # 11574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 61falcon  Ford pictures for 61falcon  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as stated, has anyone done a 94/95 HO motor swap into anything, would like to ask a few questions. I dont want advice from someone thats cousins little sisters boyfriends moma did the swap, only if youve done it first hand with that specific year motor and such.
thanks to all that felt the need to put their two cents worth of bullshit in, I thought this was a place for helping each other...

Posts: 19 | From: Tracy California | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
theres idiots, and guys that like to swing there cocks, an hang from them as well up here for sure. sorry u had to deal with it, im here to try an help. ive done a hand full of those swaps. i didnt like using those years due to the intake curve getting close to the shock tower. just been a while in using the factory harness if thats your question, cause the ford racing harness is much better. whats the problem? its pretty strait for ward in mounting,
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a place to help each other. A GREAT place and it is free!!

I have done many of these swaps and several other folks on here have done the same but there are a TON of variables so ask your questions? Try not to get irritated when questions are asked back to you. We are probably just trying to collect data, to further assist you.

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would get a 89 to 93 harness an pcm an upper intake to make the swap easier,
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 61falcon:
as stated, has anyone done a 94/95 HO motor swap into anything, would like to ask a few questions. I dont want advice from someone thats cousins little sisters boyfriends moma did the swap, only if youve done it first hand with that specific year motor and such.
thanks to all that felt the need to put their two cents worth of bullshit in, I thought this was a place for helping each other...

I'm guessing you're talking about the only other thread you started recently... http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=027641#000000

I don't see where anyone was talking bullshit. You're also not gonna get any help being a n00b and insulting people.

As for your question, you're probably not going to get much of a response, because hardly anyone would swap a '94-'95 EFI over to anything because it's universally known that it's a bigger pain in the ass to modify anything versus using an '88-'93 harness and computer.

If you want to figure it out yourself, here's the '94-'95 pinout. http://oldfuelinjection.com/5.0Lpinouts.html Buy a Haynes manual and use the wiring schematic to figure out what goes where. I highly doubt anyone can tell you exactly what to cut, where to splice and what to keep because like I said earlier, the '94-'95 EEC is not what you want to use for a swap like you're doing.

If you decide you don't want to waste your time with that, you could get an '88-'93 harness used for like $80, an EEC for $100 and start with this page on adapting the harness on your own. http://oldfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=6

Or if you decide you can't figure that out either, just buy the harness that 68Dustin posted the link to. It's $575, tested to be good, comes with a warranty and is plug and play for old Fords.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by 61falcon:

I'm guessing you're talking about the only other thread you started recently... http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=027641#000000

I don't see where anyone was talking bullshit. You're also not gonna get any help being a n00b and insulting people.

As for your question, you're probably not going to get much of a response, because hardly anyone would swap a '94-'95 EFI over to anything because it's universally known that it's a bigger pain in the ass to modify anything versus using an '88-'93 harness and computer.

If you want to figure it out yourself, here's the '94-'95 pinout. http://oldfuelinjection.com/5.0Lpinouts.html Buy a Haynes manual and use the wiring schematic to figure out what goes where. I highly doubt anyone can tell you exactly what to cut, where to splice and what to keep because like I said earlier, the '94-'95 EEC is not what you want to use for a swap like you're doing.

If you decide you don't want to waste your time with that, you could get an '88-'93 harness used for like $80, an EEC for $100 and start with this page on adapting the harness on your own. http://oldfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=6

Or if you decide you can't figure that out either, just buy the harness that 68Dustin posted the link to. It's $575, tested to be good, comes with a warranty and is plug and play for old Fords.

Man, quit with your BULLSHIT, WILIT!!!!!

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

.............I was just pokin fun guys.........

--------------------

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wiring:
Your best bet would be to ditch the 94/95 wiring and use a mid 92-93 computer harness setup which has the fuel pump relay on the harness instead of the body harness making the conversion MUCH more simple.
Intake/sensors/distributor:
I would swap over to the 87-93 upper intake with throttle body and MAF setup for ease of wiring using the fox engine harness as well as room for intake.
Also pull the 94/95 distributor and use an 86-93 distributer w/ module which will work with the computer harness.
You can run the 94/95 bracketry with serpentine belt setup.
Just went back to other post and saw you are going to run a C4, in this case you can run any 88-93 MAF computer

For fuel pump, run an inline EFI pump

I have wiring, MAF, hoses, computers, etc. to make this happen

[ November 02, 2012, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: MUSTTANGUY ]

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Man, quit with your BULLSHIT, WILIT!!!!!

[Razz] [burnout]

[ November 03, 2012, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the same thing, why is this noob asking for help with an attitude [Confused] .. totally not the way to go about it.

I also read the other thread, where was there a lack of knowledgeable help OP?? [Roll Eyes]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, where is anyone giving you grief about your swap? Are you in need of attention? Not enough hugs as a kid?

Well, here's attention. You got it. Post locked.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com