Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » adjustable control arms

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: adjustable control arms
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will adjustable lower control arms help drop the rear height? Even if the uppers are stock, or will i need adjustable uppers too? I have seen many ppl run eftermarket lowers and keep there stock uppers.

Looking for 1-1.5inch dropp will theese help????

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-adjustable-lower-control-arm-kit.html

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know my maximum motorsports dual adj lca's would gimmie about an inch of play up or down! [Wink]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DUAL? Adjustable? huh theese are SINGLE adjustable i'm assuming no? [burnout]

--------------------

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the dual adj just ment the spring perch went up and down and the heim joints adjusted in and out, but the heim joints have nothin to do with the ride height. diddnt mean to throw you off! [Wink]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those wont drop the car at all. The adjustment you want is in the spring perch. Adjustable uppers are NOT needed.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=514_21_91_425_430_432&products_id=523

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

dohc90lx
¯
Member # 11863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohc90lx  Ford pictures for dohc90lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
people run the stock uppers because if you run urahane bushings in both the uppers and lowers its too stiff for the car and it dosent allow the suspension to move. its one of the biggest causes of torque box failure actually. and as for the adjustable heim joints they are mostly used to fine tune pinion angle. the spring perches being adjustable is what your looking for on ride height
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Thanks, i remember 50resto selling the exact same version of MM(material wise) for $150.00 Im not sure if they still do.

But thanks for the input i was unclear of wat it needed to get some more height drop [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com