Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sticking idle

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sticking idle
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When coming to a stop my idle tends to stick around 2k. If I throw a quick small rev, most of the time it will drop but not always. Sometimes I have to shut the car of and restart. It has been a very long time since I have had this issue and was wondering if someone knows what it is? Thanks.

Edit: Car is a 92 LX 5.0

[ October 04, 2012, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also, the first thing I plan to do today is clean the MAF and replace the air filter. I bought the filter last week and just haven't got around to it.
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive had this happen to me aswell check idle control sensor just off the side of the throttle body. i would clean out throttle body as well just for good measure

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you clean the tb DO NOT USE BRAKE CLEANER. it will stick even worse if you do. get the actual tb specific cleaner, comes in gray can, kragen, autozone, or even walmart sells it! [Wink]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
Originally posted by rollin5ive0:
if you clean the tb DO NOT USE BRAKE CLEANER. it will stick even worse if you do. get the actual tb specific cleaner, comes in gray can, kragen, autozone, or even walmart sells it! [Wink]

Yeah, I have some of that. Thanks.
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On hci cars this tends to be a common problem, it could be on the IAC sensor, the TPS sensor or the idle may need adjusting. My hci car does the same thing occasionally when it wants to act up.
FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm having the same issue even with a new tps,iac cleaned out the maf with maf cleaner and cleaned the tb with tb cleaner still no luck its only sometimes I have set the tps and still same thing let me know if you do fix this issue
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the idle can be adjusted from the area that I highlighted in red> though it may not be the right solution if your car is having some other type of issue.

-

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com