Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Computer not reading...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Computer not reading...
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
(FOR MY 96 GT) My old computer was not working when trying to upload software from the SCT hand held. It kept saying "no status." I brought my car to local mechanic he wanted me to try a different computer. I get a hold of a computer out of a 97 cobra. He was able to get the computer to read. So I went to his shop yesterday. I was using the SCT and it was letting me read codes and everything seemed to be working. It even let me upload a custom tune I had on the SCT that was bypass for PATS system. After uploading I cleared the software and tried uploading a base tune from Ditos motor sports that they put on the hand held and now it's doing the same thing and it won't let me upload software now or read any codes....Any ideas?
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it possible that the tune is malfunctioning or shutting the computer down?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Is it possible that the tune is malfunctioning or shutting the computer down?

Hard to say.... My stock computer did not work from the beginning. It wouldn't even let you upload anything or pull any codes. This computer was working for about the first 10 minutes. Then right back to the same my stock computer was doing.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so i would assume you have a bussing issue. thats a term i learned in school so it boils down to communication from component to component. i would do some serious research about what control and contributes to what so on and so forth. If you keep running through pcm's then its time to dig into the wiring and what not

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is everything properly plugged in(harnesses, computer is grounded) ? obviously its having a communication problem.

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com