Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Launch upgrade?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Launch upgrade?!
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[burnout] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]
what upgrade woulkd i use to increase my launch because right now im so lite i squeal my tires off the line!

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well.......lowering springs, lca's,uca's, sticky tires, and adj shocks/struts, some basic good foundation for the chassis....practice, lots of practice... [patriot]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollin5ive0:
well.......lowering springs, lca's,uca's, sticky tires, and adj shocks/struts, some basic good foundation for the chassis....practice, lots of practice... [patriot]

Lowering springs are not good for drag racing.

OP: Stock fox body springs in the rear, Strange 10 way shocks, and a kit from these guys: http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a line lock.... duh [Razz]
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93NotchbackLX:
right now im so lite i squeal my tires off the line!

it has nothing to do with weight. it has to do with your crappy street tires

mickey thompson et street radials, and then you can launch at 3000 with no burnout and still hook and go

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well just bought some eibach pro springs today so im gonna install them and see how my handling improves. But your saying i wont feeling a launch improvment from my springs? and i really thought my wieght was a factor.. interesting. Thanks as always

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock springs (cut if you want lower), tubular LCA's, adjustable uppers (preferably relocated like the baseline pro launch, adjustable shocks, mickeys or Hoosiers.
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
But your saying i wont feeling a launch improvment from my springs? and i really thought my wieght was a factor..

the heaviest 5.0 is still light in comparison to EVERYTHING else

i have owned 2900 lb coupes, to 4600 lb convertibles

im thinking you might have never been to a dragstrip yet ?

your first 60' is on the ET slip, and is the indicator of traction

a decent sixty is under 2.0

a good sixty is about 1.8-1.9

a typical sixty on ANY street tire is 2.2-2.5

and every tenth of 60 you cut...is worth 2 tenths ET

so.....simply adding tires can realistically make you feel like you added 100 horsepower.....

100 hp = 1 second

trust me on this.....ive thumped on plenty of unsuspecting high dollar cars with a stock 5.0 and 4.10's with a 100 shot and mickeys

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^ Listen too UNCLE BOB he seems too know his shitt real good.

I have the Pro Eibachs and they dnt help squat, if i were to do it again i'd just cut some coils on the stock springs and get 4 banger front srpings on some stiff shocks. Like LAKEWOODS. Get urself sticky tires and 3.73s maybe a jugg and ull be running real healthy [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

shit guys thank you. and nitrous bob you know your shit! thanks i did get my lowering springs installed last night and i noticed just a small small difference in my launch. im definantly gonna get me some 3.73 and some wider stickier rear tires

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
right now im so lite i squeal my tires off the line!

it has nothing to do with weight. it has to do with your crappy street tires

mickey thompson et street radials, and then you can launch at 3000 with no burnout and still hook and go

Exactly, listen to your Uncle BoB,he tells you true.
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

the funny thing is..... i prolly could be some of yous uncle

ive played this 5.0 game since 1990, i just know what ive wasted money on....and what works for sure

a side note on 3.73's tho

go big or stay home... i'll only use 4.10's

the mileage per gallon is nothing when comparing the 2, but the effects are HUGE

a stock 3.73 car CANNOT lift the tires with a slick
but a stock 4.10 car will yank 6"

most of the stories you hear about 4.10's are 100% false

if your willing to go 3.73...just go 1 better

4.10 is the ultimate street gear, 4.30 is too much on stock motor then you WILL run out of RPM in the 1/4

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com