Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any convert to hydro booster on a Foxbody what do I need to do?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any convert to hydro booster on a Foxbody what do I need to do?
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like title says I have eveything of a 96 gt I heard it could be done but I have no idea? Any help guys thanks in advance.
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure but I think your supposed to use one from a 94-95

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Thing 2:

'94-'95 what? The 'stangs still had brake boosters on them.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

A 94 95 gt. the brake lines are different on the 96+

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

A 94 95 gt. the brake lines are different on the 96+
They still didn't have hydroboost

http://members.shaw.ca/pekpress/HydroboostSwap.html

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i believe you will need the brake pedal assembly from the sn, and you might have to modify the p/s lines

--------------------
91' Notch

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the help Yeah I seen hydro boost on 95 cobras before so no one has converted to this before

[ September 02, 2012, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: 87 coupe ]

dohc90lx
¯
Member # 11863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohc90lx  Ford pictures for dohc90lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 98 cobra swap in my 90 lx. easiest way is to remove the old brake booster. weld up the four holes for the booster. grind the welds flat and redrill the holes for the hydrobooster. you will need custom power steering hoses made from a local hydrolic shop. and you can stull use your fox pedals if you want just redrill the bracket for the late booster. i used the 98 pedals in mine for the better spacing (i always cought my foot on the brake when i went for the clutch.
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Just use this patern right

-

And can I use my 87 power steering pump

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have hydra~boost on my 65'fastback [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
dohc90lx
¯
Member # 11863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohc90lx  Ford pictures for dohc90lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes just use that patern for the power steering lines. except you dont have to run the lines to the remote resavor since you have one on the pump. im not sure if you can use the fox pump. but i would assume you can. i still use a fox rack and dont notice a difference in steering feel therefore i would assume the pump should work just fine,
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Yeah exactly I get everything now but i Wana know if I could or can't use my fox ps pump thanks for the help guys now I have a bigger clue how to make this swap I just Wana swap to hydro boost just cuz it looks better lol
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

So if I dnt have to use the after market reservoir I have to elimate it like this ?

-

dohc90lx
¯
Member # 11863

so off the power steering pump there will be a high pressure hose that runs from the pump to the hydraboost. then there will be another high pressure hose that runs from the hydroboost to the power steering rack. then off the rack there will be a low pressure hose that comes off the rack. indicated on your car by a standard hose clamp and another low pressure hose off the hydro boost that you will run down and "t" in wht the other low pressure hose off the rack. run that to one port on the power steering cooler. then off the cooler run the hose back to the low pressure port on the power steering pump. basically eliminating the blue and teal lines in your schematic. but a little different at the same time :/.... pm me if you want some pics.
dohc90lx
¯
Member # 11863

sorry using the blue and teal lines. but after that t run it thru the ps cooler and back to the pump.
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive got one from an 88 Thunderbird.Might be easier to adapt.Reasearch it and LMK.$50.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com