Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Help with my 04 GT build please.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with my 04 GT build please.
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like the title says, Im trynna help my boy setup his 04 gt. hes trying to create a pretty nasty cam & stall combo.

unfortunately he already put in a small cam, and bought a 2400 stall converter. i told him to return the stall and get something in the 3000 range.

what cam and stall would u guys recommend? and would he be okay to run a big stall right now with the small cam since he probably plans on swapping out his small cam in the future. the car will also see some nitro in the future so the stall needs to be able to take n20.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

Posts: 257 | From: South City | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *1 HoT Ls1*  Ford pictures for *1 HoT Ls1*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also he is still running stock heads so a big enough cam that will clear the pistons would be nice. dont wanna flycut.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is his complete combo. There isn't enough info to give you any reliable info. Why run a "nasty" cam with a stock head setup. Why not get something appropriately matched to his combo then worry about what stall converter to run?
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
*1 HoT Ls1*
¯
Member # 8703

quote:
Originally posted by 2BlueGeeTees:
What is his complete combo. There isn't enough info to give you any reliable info. Why run a "nasty" cam with a stock head setup. Why not get something appropriately matched to his combo then worry about what stall converter to run?

its got a bbk cold air intake. bbk shorties, no cats, slp exhaust, 373s, and a trick flow cam. i dont know the exact specs on the cam but do know its pretty small. when i say nasty im referring to a cam that will be a max effort cam with stock heads and would still clear the pistons. and he does plan on gettn new heads later.

the car dyno'd 237 i believe, which i thought was low for a cammed gt. its also lacking adjustable cam gears.

--------------------
BAY AREA STUNNAZ/
1HOTLS1/
JUST ANOTHER 10 SEC LS1

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *1 HoT Ls1*:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BlueGeeTees:

its got a bbk cold air intake. bbk shorties, no cats, slp exhaust, 373s, and a trick flow cam. i dont know the exact specs on the cam but do know its pretty small. when i say nasty im referring to a cam that will be a max effort cam with stock heads and would still clear the pistons. and he does plan on gettn new heads later.

the car dyno'd 237 i believe, which i thought was low for a cammed gt. its also lacking adjustable cam gears.

237hp is way to low. I also have a stage 1 trick flow cam with stock pi head(not ported) with bolt ons making WAY more hp then that on motor. Is it tuned? What stage cam does he have 1 or 2.

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com