Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Battery relocation ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Battery relocation ?
91redmustang
¯
Member # 10019

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91redmustang  Ford pictures for 91redmustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im about to relocate the battery to the trunk.... Still have a question though, where does the starter cable connect to? Does it stay connected to the soleniod, leave alone as it as now?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Starter solenoid, same as always N ground it wherever I think just needs to be bare metal.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
FIFTY BOYEEE
¯
Member # 11565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FIFTY BOYEEE  Ford pictures for FIFTY BOYEEE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Better resultd direct Grounding to block. The resistance is not same thru body of car on a foxbody for sure. I had charging and starting issues untill I ran a 1ott welding lead to block I try to avoid finer stranded car audio power wire.
Just my two cents. But make your own choice. I was a lot more confident and pleased with voltage performance my way.

--------------------
Fat Boys Racing
84 glx drop
89gt hatch charged
37pickup flathead

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bypass the factory solenoid with an aftermarket one in the trunk with the battery unless you want a 1 gauge constant hot wire going the length of the car.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went this rout so i didnt have to have a cut off switch externally mounted for the track

-

--------------------
91' Notch

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^ that also doesn't give you the benefit of relocating the battery for weight transfer, you may have cleaned up the bay but you probably made the weight distribution even worse moving the weight further out into the fender. The cut off is a pain but the benefits for performance make it worth the hassle.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
^^^^ that also doesn't give you the benefit of relocating the battery for weight transfer, you may have cleaned up the bay but you probably made the weight distribution even worse moving the weight further out into the fender. The cut off is a pain but the benefits for performance make it worth the hassle.

true, i couldnt tell the difference but thats why i had the car corner balanced, and its my dd not strictly a track car so that was the best rout for me

--------------------
91' Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com