Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hid convertion on a 4eye coupe question!!!??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hid convertion on a 4eye coupe question!!!??
86xchpstang
¯
Member # 11800

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86xchpstang  Ford pictures for 86xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm doing the hid convertion on my 86. My question is, I know I need a relay so I don't draw all that juice threw my stock head light harness!! So what relay kit should I get and where do I get it from? Painless has one but it's like 120$ and I've read on forums people getting them from eBay! But there is so many I have no clue witch one I need??? Has anyone done this to theirs or does anyone have any idea where to get one and what kind I need???!!
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a universal 4 post 30amp relay sould work just fine. any auto parts store has them, as long as you know how to wire it in

--------------------
91' Notch

Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DDM Tuning, order the univerdal slim ballast HID kit with High/Low option and choose whichever bulb size and color you need. They offer a very nice relay harness for an extra $20 I believe. All in all you can get the headlight high/low kit for like $60 I believe. I helped a buddy install one the other day on his cobra, one of the better kits I have seen around regarding an all in one package with relay harness.
86xchpstang
¯
Member # 11800

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86xchpstang  Ford pictures for 86xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome. Thx. Any wiring diagrams?
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's pretty straight forward the relay harness is just a matter of plugging the adapter into the driver headlight harness, then you put the power wire to the battery and ground each side of the harness to the chassis. Like I said the harness is really great for the price.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com