Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » backfiring

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: backfiring
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so I've been having a little issue with my non mass aired 86. while i drive in cruise speeds or rpm range 1k-2k it backfires out the intake i believe, and i'm guessing out of the tailpipe trying to accelerate to catch up with traffic.Did major tune up,(plugs,wires,coil,fuel filter, oil) so any help will be appreciated, thanks.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your timing. Reset the TDC of the distributor. Best if you use a piston stop as well. Recheck your firing order...spark plug wire routing from distributor cap to each cylinder spark plug. Even a cracked spark plug ceramic.
..... You could have an aged distributor needing replacement.

Secondarily you will need to test your fuel pressure. Buy a repair manual to maybe guide you for both of these simple issues. Good luck.... [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, scott ill definantly check out the distributor, and ignition module also the fuel pressure.

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My old 86 had a bad diverter valves on the smog lines goin back to the head and had a similar problem with backfiring...I replaced them with some new ones and the problem went away...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

The tube connectors next to the pass. side header? The connecting points? And wow your a cafords o.g.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com