Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » thinking about s/c

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: thinking about s/c
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
after my next deployment, im thinking about getting a s/c for my 95 gt. right now i have the trickflow top end kit with the stage 2 cam, 30# injectors, 75mm tb, 76mm MAF, cai, bbk shorty headers, and o/r x pipe.

what all do i need to start adding to my shopping list. also any suggestions on what s/c to get?

Posts: 273 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blue95gt:
after my next deployment, im thinking about getting a s/c for my 95 gt. right now i have the trickflow top end kit with the stage 2 cam, 30# injectors, 75mm tb, 76mm MAF, cai, bbk shorty headers, and o/r x pipe.

what all do i need to start adding to my shopping list. also any suggestions on what s/c to get?

I've never owned an sn95, but I hear they're pretty picky with mods. Depending on how much boost you want to run will determine what other parts are needed.

Stuff I would suggest:
-255lph in tank pump or larger
-In line fuel pump
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-42lb/hr fuel injectors
-Wideband
-MSD Ignition Box w/boost retard
-Power Pipe
-Bigger MAF
-Custom Tune

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlcluver21  Ford pictures for tlcluver21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sn95 suck as far as mods and tunning. Definitely agree with what he said get a tune and you will enjoy it a 100% better
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any suggestions on what s/c work well with sn95?

edit* - plus with getting a bigger MAF, how much bigger to go. cause it was already a pain in the ass to make it fit with the CAI i have. is there a CAI that fits well with a bigger MAF?

[ May 30, 2012, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: blue95gt ]

tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlcluver21  Ford pictures for tlcluver21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's your combo now built motor heads cam? Just depends on what your trying to get out of it. But definitely recommend a tune afterwards these cars are very tempental with mods done
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

ya right now i have the trickflow top end kit with the stage 2 cam. trying to have a street car that i can take to the track every now and then. i for sure planned on getting a tune once all said and done.
tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

I would say go with vortex or paxton and go for 8 to 12lb of boost. With your set up you got now I think it be great combo
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

sorry for all the rookie questions, never messed with superchargers. what exactly is the power pipe for? having trouble finding one online
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anderson sells them. Anderson power pipe look it up

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

ok cool.

now is this a good s/c to go with my top end i have now? or should i go with something more?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/VOR-4FG218020SQ/1994-95-Mustang-50L-Satin-V-2-Si-Trim-Vortech-Supercharger-K

tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Yes that be a good start but if you have the money I my self would find a kit that was intercooled. Makes your air charge cooler which not only allows you to bring more boost, which means more power [Wink]
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

alright ill look into that. so i would want to run anymore that 12lbs of boost with my stock bottom?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com