Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car Audio Help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car Audio Help
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 4 channel 800 watt amp.

I want to run a single sub with the REAR 2 channels.

I want to run two front speakers with the FRONT 2 channels.

The front speakers aren't an issue. I'll be running them stereo with the front right speaker positive and negative hooked to the amp channel 1 positive and negative. The front left speaker positive and negative to the amp channel 2 positive and negative.

My question deals with the rear. The manual for my amp says at a 4 ohm's mono I can provide 400 watts x 1 to the rear channel.

Since I'm running one sub with the rear channels I would need a single sub that is 4ohms and then bridge the rear two channels to the sub.

This would give me a 4 ohm mono setup for the rear channels right?

If it's not right, could you explain how to wire the rear channels of my amp to a single sub to the manual specifications of 4 ohm mono load. Also I havent purchased the sub yet but I have the amp so buying a 2ohm sub is possible if needed.

Thanks

[patriot]

[ May 18, 2012, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a screen shot of the manual if this helps explain it. It's late and I may not make any sense. Lol smh [burnout]

-

I've had my eye on this 12 inch svc 4ohm sub

[ May 18, 2012, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are right bridge the rear two channel s.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
L+ R- to bridge?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
L+ R- to bridge?

I didn't think it mattered...does it? [Confused]
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is 400 rms? Thats alotta power. What sub u pushin?
Edit, saw the sub...

[ May 18, 2012, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need to study the wiring diagram for the amp. *USUALLY* bridging an amp is LEFT + and RIGHT -, but verify with your specific manufacturer. Using only one 4 ohm sub makes it easier. If you were using 2, you would need to get a pair of 2 or 8 ohm subs, and wire them either in series or parallel. I did audio for years... PM me if you have more questions.

[ May 21, 2012, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: straightliner1 ]

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com