Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone Replace a Window Motor Before?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Replace a Window Motor Before?
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up two new motors.

First I installed the passenger side and when I tested it, the gear on the motor and the teeth on the regulator made this weird noise when the window was rolled up or down. Really close to the sound you hear when you drive over the bumps in the center of the road.

I thought maybe the motor was defective so installed the other new motor on the driver's side. Same sound. Everything is lubed correctly and when I install my old motors the sound goes away.

I'm thinking the teeth on the new motor gear is different than the stock motor but they look exactly the same.

I highly doubt these require a break in period but I have never done this before so I could be wrong.

I just wanted to know if anyone has installed a new power window motor in a foxbody and if you experienced the same thing?

Also what brand motor did you go with?

Thanks [patriot]

[ May 12, 2012, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You shure you set the teeth right N greased it up right? I replaced both my motors but one was OEM N the other one was a replacement one from Autozone it was the cheapest one they had with the wiring. Works great so far, never made a noise or anything.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
mike g
¯
Member # 2919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike g  Ford pictures for mike g    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did in my 86...used what 50resto.com had, and i don't have any problems with mine

mike

--------------------
FOUR EYED PRIDE!!!!!!

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes teeth are lined up correctly and everything is greased up really well. Very odd problem.

I have the LRS/50resto ones too. I wonder what the deal is with this.

[Confused]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you try blowing marijuana smoke on it? Might he it relaxed N quiet.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
POST A VIDEO

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

I'm waiting on a new motor gear to arrive. It's teeth are a bit different than what comes on the new motor. The gear I'm waiting on should be here soon an resembles my stock motor so I'm really hoping this fixes the problem.

If not I'll post a video.

Thanks [patriot]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Autozone/Pep/Kragen window motors are CRAP. For those who've had goodluck with them, GO BUY LOTTO TIX [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com