Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » surging idle UPDATE

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: surging idle UPDATE
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so my car if its cold will start and idle well but if i drive then shut the car off and try turning it back on the idle will try to catch then jus die.what do you think this could be 89 mustang gt...new tps and iac i have done a base idle reset,tb was changed,tfs stage 1 cam and i have around 11 to 13 pounds of vac.....HELP

[ June 07, 2012, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put your tps volt to .98

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you done the base idle reset procedure?

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was both done when my motor was put in guess ill go back and check even tho i dont see how the got off nothing changed

--------------------

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

ttt
base idle was done alon with a list of things still havs issue

--------------------

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sometimes the base idle relearn has to be done several times.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What mass air meter are you running?
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

pro m 42lbs car has a v1 s trim

--------------------

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

ive done it altleast 5 times if not more car runs ok and catches idle when cold but if i turn the car off the issue is there

[ June 07, 2012, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------

91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You already know take it to super "DUNCANMAN" an stop playin.you kno he will have u runin better.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who put it together?
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
who put it together?

put what together? the motor? also can 02 sensors cause the idle to do this ive never changed them

[ June 07, 2012, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe a bad MAP sensor?
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
o2 sensors can .who put together your motor, intake, base tune. whos hands touched it......
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try cleaning the salt and pepper plugs. Google it, there is a how to.

-

This has helped me in the past, also a good tune would help so they can pull some fuel at idle, probably running rich and computer keeps trying to add and subtract fuel causing surge.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

jus got done cleaning the salt n peper shackers and its till the same started the car up it idle goood...my bro thought i fixed it lol then i turned the car off and back on and the surge is back im lost and annoyed....i have my fuel pressure set at 40 with no vacume

[ June 07, 2012, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------

capriman
¯
Member # 11659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for capriman  Ford pictures for capriman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you checked codes?
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wait for the tune Moe. It more than likely has to do with ur setup + the stock tune.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll tune it for you Moe. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18533 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
Just wait for the tune Moe. It more than likely has to do with ur setup + the stock tune.

lol after today i give up lolwas jus gonna see what the tune does ne ways i got the car to not turn off tho it originally wouldnt even stay on

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock eec have a hard time with the 42s around idle with no tune but its doable.

Convert to a slot style blow thru maf and a tune never look back.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com