Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car wont crank over need help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car wont crank over need help
boss306
¯
Member # 10509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for boss306  Ford pictures for boss306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 1992 mustang gt i just sawaped my stock hpipe for a xpipe drive the car got home i shut it down and went to go to the store and it wont crank over but if i jump the starter relay it starts right up and runs runs fine can anybody help me out thanks in advance.
Posts: 28 | From: kingsburg ca | Registered: Dec 2010  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have a netural safty switch? did you knock the wires off the trans?

[ March 14, 2012, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
boss306
¯
Member # 10509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for boss306  Ford pictures for boss306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes but its bypassed
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
would double check those wires. Only thing close to where u were working

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
boss306
¯
Member # 10509

the tranny that is in it is a world class t5 from summitracing and the plug in the tranny does not fit but that is bypassed too cant find the plug that fits the tranny and yes its the correct one according to the summit parts book.
ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check for your ignition. Also check the wire that goes from the starter relay to the ignition. That's what I would do

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com