Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » suspension question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: suspension question
SF_GT_88
¯
Member # 10883

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF_GT_88  Ford pictures for SF_GT_88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am in the process of upgrading my suspension and don't really know what to get i really need some opinions or experiences in suspension area. i have a 88 GT H/C/I the only suspension upgrades would be lowering springs, rear shocks, and sfc. my car is going to be mostly for street use taking sharp turns, taking it to the twists around the mountains and once and a while take her to the track. any help of parts and parts brands would really help thanks.
Posts: 52 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check out these guys out
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/

best stuff out there

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SF_GT_88
¯
Member # 10883

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF_GT_88  Ford pictures for SF_GT_88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
checked them out ready to buy but not sure what parts to get or what package to get any recommendations
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Caster camber plates and a bumpsteer kit would be
good addition to the things you have planned.
First and foremost get those sfc installed

Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF_GT_88:
i am in the process of upgrading my suspension and don't really know what to get i really need some opinions or experiences in suspension area. i have a 88 GT H/C/I the only suspension upgrades would be lowering springs, rear shocks, and sfc. my car is going to be mostly for street use taking sharp turns, taking it to the twists around the mountains and once and a while take her to the track. any help of parts and parts brands would really help thanks.

I did the full suspension... started with full length subs, CC plates, rear lca, phb, coil overs, k-member & stb.

if you're piece mealing the work - start with cc plates and full length subs. Then build up from there.
if coil overs are not your liking then I'd recommend H&R race(red)springs. Stay away from sportlines unless you want the rear rake look.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SF_GT_88
¯
Member # 10883

Would the mm lca,phb,and TqA package the sell be a good one to get is the the TqA not needed as much as the first two
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50resto has that SVE susp package if your on a budget...it comes with springs, rear control arms, sfc's

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

SF_GT_88
¯
Member # 10883

I don't mind paying more for the right and better parts. But I don't want to spend of things that wouldn't really help out.
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get the full length SFC's, MM LCA's/ stock uppers, good shocks/struts, H&R's or equivalent, PHB, CC plates. That would make for a fun cruiser.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
SF_GT_88
¯
Member # 10883

ok so prob going to get the lca and phb i have the subframes some new shocks i had and i have springs on already so i would also just need the cc plates
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF_GT_88:
Would the mm lca,phb,and TqA package the sell be a good one to get is the the TqA not needed as much as the first two

I would have loved to do a Trq Arm but I dont think it would have worked with my trans, unless it was a one off.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
8lbCoupe
¯
Member # 11416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8lbCoupe  Ford pictures for 8lbCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sfc's, cc plates, and bump steer for starters

--------------------
"HEAVY DOSAGE"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com