Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » rear wheel spacing question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rear wheel spacing question
ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a foxbody gt with an sn95 rear end and I want to 275 tires on the rear but it seams that my tires will rub does anyone know how I can fix this problem with out cutting into the fender?
ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody?
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you will have to run a 2005 and up wheel to change the back spacing dont quote me on this let someone else chime in

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe the 05+ off set will bring it back

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Again; this is why you shouldn't install the 94-and newer rearend assemblies in the foxbody as a way to cut costs......you will incur far more costs in damages to wheels.tires. suspension.and under body.

[ February 22, 2012, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dvuspny:
Again; this is why you shouldn't install the 94-and newer rearend assemblies in the foxbody as a way to cut costs......you will incur far more costs in damages to wheels.tires. suspension.and under body.

Disagree. You just have to be aware of what you are doing and make sure you use the right offset wheel. Voila.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com