Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 95 mustang ????s

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 95 mustang ????s
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my brother just picked up a 95 5.0 converted from auto to t5. the computer was swapped to a manual as well and I have a few questions. when you go down the road the rpm's shoot up a little between shifts is this normal for the newer mustangs ? and also he wants to do a H/C/I will it need a retune to fix idle issues Ive heard about ?

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 94-95 computers are so fucked up man and that's what I keep hearing there the hardest to work with..
I have a 95 5.0 also 5speed and it does sail up a lil bit between shifts and I haven't been able to fix it and neigther could the tuner and if you do a h/c/i ull need a tune to have it run better and ofcourse get more power

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put a restrictor in the idle air bypass... it will stop the hanging idle and flare up between shifts

--------------------
AmericanIronSpeedShop.com

Posts: 435 | From: Loomis Ca (sacramento) | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm proficiant with the FOXBODYS and now my brother wants me to wrench on his 95 ill try the restrictor plate

--------------------

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I font get what he means about using a resistor plate.. I wanna try it can some 1 explain it to me

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a hanging idle issue with the 94-95s. As for the hci question, there are a few tricks to fix the idle issue but won't ALWAYS work.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlcluver21  Ford pictures for tlcluver21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These computers suck byeing a standalone as soon as I get the money to do so.
American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for American Iron Speed Shop  Ford pictures for American Iron Speed Shop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?31988-How-to-make-your-own-IAC-restrictor-plate

I think the how to is for 4.6, but same deal on the 94-95's

You will like it better i hated the hanging idle my 95 had

--------------------

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

My brother picked up this mustang for 700 as a commuter car. the car only has 121,000 and the miles were put on 2 mi a day for the last 14 years by the P/O. he plans on driving it for a while and selling it later on what is the going rate for a clean 95?

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
The 94-95 computers are so fucked up man and that's what I keep hearing there the hardest to work with..
I have a 95 5.0 also 5speed and it does sail up a lil bit between shifts and I haven't been able to fix it and neigther could the tuner and if you do a h/c/i ull need a tune to have it run better and ofcourse get more power

They are not exactly fucked up. You just need to know what to do as far as tuning them. If a tuner has difficulty working on them then I see that as someone that has not taken the time to understand how the EEC works (versus someone who pushes SCT or something and goes on what he is told to do as far as providing tunes to people). The sn95 computers are faster and are load based (best in my opinion for power adder combinations as far as tuning goes).
Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
American Iron Speed Shop
¯
Member # 6311

^ i agree 100% people.get discouraged because there so used to a foxbody... mine ran great just.took a bit.of research to fix a few quirky things that.i had.going.on

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com