Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » E85

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: E85
BigBen
¯
Member # 10594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigBen  Ford pictures for BigBen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whose running it? What pump(s) r u using? What's ur setup? How much power are u making? R u running meth with it?
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was gonna be asking this in about 2 weeks so im interested ive heard nothing but good things from turbo50

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlcluver21  Ford pictures for tlcluver21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish we had a station in redding that sold it I would be going to it with no issue. Love the fact that its cheaper than 87 but is a lot more bang
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My brother is running it on his Terminator, he's got dual Walbro 255lph pumps, it has a 2.9L Whipple 23psi, full 3" exhaust and a Fore Percision return style fuel system. The car made 764RWHP and 668RWTQ no meth. When we first converted it from 93 to E85 it picked up 100RWHP [Eek!]

I'm contemplating running it on my new 408W and either a T-trim or a YSI.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run E85 in my other car(05 SRT-4) walbro 255lph in tank pump, ~75lb/hr injectors, 22psi while maintaining 25-27* advanced timing under WOT and full boost. Picked up about 40whp by switching and tuning. With larger injectors I could easily pick up another 20-30whp, but for now I'm happy with my setup.

This is in a daily driver, so I should mention that my mileage has suffered quite bit on e85. I now get 10-14mpg city and 20 highway. On 91 octane I used to get 22-24mpg city and 30mpg highway. When I first started using E85 it was over $1.00 per gallon less than 87 octane gasoline, now it's almost the same price as 87 octane, so the benefits of horsepower versus cost are becoming slimmer all the time.

If I were to switch to E85 in my 5.0 I would keep my walbro 255 in tank pump and probably support it with an inline t-rex or something similar. Switch to 60lb injectors and expect about the same horsepower gains as in my other car somewhere around 30-50 and be able to bump timing up a bit.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a tune setup for it. Running 60s with a 255 in tank and a ProCharger 255 external. I do bump my file pressure to get more out of the injectors though. Personally I don't run it that often because where I am at now its only about 25-30 cents cheaper and only available at one station. Also to the consideration of the 6-8 mpg loss it ends up costing me and it is a border line daily driver... I do get 35 more hp and ACT was lowered 19 degrees with it though. Last Mustang Week here I was burning through close to a (stock) tank and a half a night running the shit out of in street runs.

I also started running it when it was over a dollar a gallon cheaper but now I don't see as big a value in it unless I am out by the station that sells it and I am running it at the track. If it weren't for the fact that I have the tune already loaded and all I most likely wouldn't really bother unless you have and want multiple tunes.

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am setting my car upp for e-85 so far i got the aermotive a-1000 pump with filter 8-an feed and 6-an return and got professinal products fuel rails with regulator and also got 80lb injectors not sure what else i need but im almost there kant wait to pay less than 87 and get 110 performance i will also be using the snow performance stage 2 fore ford mass air systems

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com