Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bogging out after i mash the gas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bogging out after i mash the gas
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 306/ 2.02 edelbrock jr. ported, 1.6RR, trick flow cam 2, 19lbs. c&l, bbk CAI, edelbrock rpm 2 intake, tremec 3550, 3.55. 255 fuel pump, bbk fuel pressure reg @ 44psi ( any lower it bucks and pings). My problem is when i stomp on the gas it revs up to 2k falls on it face then roars on to redline from 3k on why? I t almost like a turbo lag. from 2k to 3k

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the mods you have listed, my first guess would be the 19# injectors needing to be upgraded to 24# (along with the MAF). Not enough fuel?
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Change those injectors and maf your overworking them anyways so it's time to get new ones I would almost look at the chart and see where your horsepower matches the pounds per hour. someone has link around here some where..... actually its an old post of mine look for one called lil ric and neight it's on that page

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Found it for you my good man

http://www.schofieldcomputer.com/myCoupe/documents/Properly_Sizing_Fuel_System_Components.pdf

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Chp23109
¯
Member # 10540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chp23109  Ford pictures for Chp23109    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its your engine shaking?

--------------------
Banned for violating everything from the anti-ghetto sign and what's written below it. And we were doing so good lately with these types of people too.
^^^^^^^
you read the above and this is your reply to us-

"Why I got ban. He talked me crab word to me. Hmmm lmk thank"

Seriously? Does yous gots ta ax Y? Der be de stuff written unda der no ghetto sign G. Readz iT, itz beez 'bout it bout it youz.

We're not even going to get into getting banned for making fake accounts here http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00008902

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
19's... really? With a C&L meter? C'mon man, get the right injectors on that car. 30's minimum. The link above is accurate but is not up to date. Current specs show to run at 85% duty cycle due to the E10 fuel we have now. And NEVER, and I mean NEVER run a C&L meter unless you are running a Moates Qh or a Tweecer. The transfer rate on those meters is horribly lean and the repeatability is shaky at best.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no shake I have the 24's and 30's i have a tube for the 24's but i got them from the pick-n-pull yard. I been holding back on useing them because they are dirty and i want them to be flow tested and cleaned. I also have a pro-m but need to be recalibrated any way i cut the cake it going to cost money!

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't care what tube you have for that meter I would still ditch it. Yes it will cost you money however a Pro-m "calibrated" for 30's is far cheaper than a blown head gasket.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
I don't care what tube you have for that meter I would still ditch it. Yes it will cost you money however a Pro-m "calibrated" for 30's is far cheaper than a blown head gasket.

when i was using the c&l it would have a surging idle..sometime it wouldnt fun right..you gotta deal with clocking bullshit and what not...i listened to cop car and purchased a pro-m for 30#s and my car cruises,idles,and performs much better than that c&l crap ever gave me

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Hey Jayjay. very happy it is working for you. FYI the transfer function in the meter you have is identical to the Ford unit which was used in the Gen-1 Lightning conversions offered years ago. That kit came with a new eec (a9p if memory serves me correctly), that meter and a set of injectors.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com