Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Explorer intake operating range maybe fuel issues?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Explorer intake operating range maybe fuel issues?
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody got an Idea, of where it shines? I feel like I have a serious mismatch of parts going on with my intake and cam...cam is unknown, intake is 90's explorer. I have 373 gears, and crusing around the lower rpms feel really soft, like theres no put you in your seat about it. And when I rev it out, it feels like it doesnt pull in the upper rpms...I've been wondering if I'm needing to replace my FP because I get a 556 code. This car feels like it does best in the mid-range, but thats not really a great medium on the street, cause I cant launch on the ricers in the cold, so Im spinning, but I cant pull em up top either. I feel like theres something wrong. And yes I know the heads are the biggest drawback but its not in the cards right now.

car is a 94 gt.

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also i feel like, when I had 273s the stock intake felt faster, and it felt like it had more torque I cant comment on a stock intake with my new rear end though.
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you changed out the intake, did you upgrade to a 65mm TB (or bigger)and bigger MAF? I did those 3 together and saw a nice gain. I'm running stock heads, cam and bottom end. 3.55's in the back and it pulls fairly well 2000-5000 rpm. With 3.73's, yours should be comparable to mine.

Check all vacuum hoses are connected?
No leaks between upper/lower intake...bolts torqued?

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Timing? Fuel filter changed in a while?

[ December 28, 2011, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: copcar ]

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

SmallBlock Speeder
Banned (again)

I play the
skin flute

Member # 11220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallBlock Speeder  Ford pictures for SmallBlock Speeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So no misfire just seems weak?

--------------------
Another hate'n troll bites the dust.

Alex aka SmallBlock Speeder aka 351SVO aka tTOP302 aka SHO@lex aka SHOalex. Long time CAFords troll and hater trying to start drama as usual. A picture of this over achiever. Now go and cry to your homeboys about how you were banned because of discrimination and racism, forgetting to mention your five trolling accounts on here :rolleyes:

A big plastic monkey pointing a finger at your little shriveled pecker? Seriously?

Wow. Just wow. And we thought the monkey pic was bad!

Does your boyfriend know you're cheating on him with the shirtless guy above?

Using a blue toy guitar to attack the guy stealing your boy toy?

Anyone offended by the anti-ghetto sign please never visit CAFords.com again. You won't be missed!

Anyone else with a fake account care to speak up?

Didn't think so.

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

I still have the stock maf, but my car came with a bbk 65mm tb...it doesnt feel like a misfire. there are times where if im cruisin in 5th and I kick it down to 4th and gun it, I get nothing for a second and it scared me so i didnt continue. it felt like complete 0 power. I changed the fuel filter about a month ago....last time I checked, I had my timing at 13-14 degrees.

All vacuum is connected.

yea no misfire just seems really weak, especially when I take it up to 5k.

It almost feels like the cam that was installed into my car, is a high rpm cam, and the intake is low rpm flowing range. because driving around town, It just feels real soft unless you bring it up to like 28-3k. and after like 4.5k it feels like its dead no more pull.

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

bump
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if your getting that FP code, id throw in a new FP and see if its better.

or hookup a fuel psi gauge and see what its at before droppin the tank.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Yea I need to find one of those that hooks onto a shrader
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the spark plugs lately ? Clean maf? Could be so many things. I'd start with the plugs, fuel pressure test , then compression test, vacuum test, charging system test.
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Could my charging system hae something to do wit my power up top? I dont got the stuff to do the other tests besides maf and plugs.
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

anyone else got some input?

[ December 30, 2011, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Mach 5oh ]

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aye brad, kragens or autozone rents out those fuel psi gauges. you leave a deposit there and when you bring it back they give you your money back.

i also have gauges to check your compression if you wanna come by and get one..

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Shiiiittt if I still lived out there I would be on that. im gonna see if kragen rents it out down the street from me tomorrow. I wanna get one to just permanently mount on the schrader so i always can know.
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Video of a some noises i have has been added,also. Smog pump?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1YoeVoo3I&list=UUt1e0gRGfhZHnRIoLo9Tj-g&index=1&feature=plcp

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com