Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5 lug question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5 lug question
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So im puttin my sn95 spindles and rear end tomorrow....for the front do i need to do any modifications or.can i.just go.ahead and bolt on the spindles.and calipers etc....also.when putting shocks do.i.get the shocks for my 89 or for the sn95??
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you need up front are some washers for the ball joints and some diff type of brake line fitting.
im sure someone can be more specific [patriot]

[ December 28, 2011, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: gercolla1 ]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you need is some washers so you dont run out out thread..and i believe the brake line fitting is a (weatherhead 7828)and you only need it for the passenger side [patriot]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All i needed was the weatherhead 7828 fitting for the brake line, and 6 washers (3 per side) the washers i used are 5/8" i.d. and the smallest o.d. i could find. I think i bought them from fastenal.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Weatherhead 7828 is the correct adapter fitting for the passenger caliper hose to body hard line. You can also use CarQuest but will have to have them cross reference the Weatherhead part # to their part #.
You can also order stainless steel braided hoses with the correct fittings from Maximum Motorsports.
Drivers side hose will bolt right up as is.
While the washers "will" work, I am not a fan and supply machined stainless steel spacers (.330) with all my kits.
Your existing fox struts will fit as there is no change in the lower strut mounting of the SN95 spindles to strut mount.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your struts will fit as long as its not a 4cyl..if you are going to replace them anyway, get the fox struts, only difference is they are shorter

--------------------
91' Notch

SmallBlock Speeder
Banned (again)

I play the
skin flute

Member # 11220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmallBlock Speeder  Ford pictures for SmallBlock Speeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MUSTTANGUY:
The Weatherhead 7828 is the correct adapter fitting for the passenger caliper hose to body hard line. You can also use CarQuest but will have to have them cross reference the Weatherhead part # to their part #.
You can also order stainless steel braided hoses with the correct fittings from Maximum Motorsports.
Drivers side hose will bolt right up as is.
While the washers "will" work, I am not a fan and supply machined stainless steel spacers (.330) with all my kits.
Your existing fox struts will fit as there is no change in the lower strut mounting of the SN95 spindles to strut mount.

What this guy says I bought some spindles off him a while back knows his stuff very helpful too was more then willing to help.

--------------------
Another hate'n troll bites the dust.

Alex aka SmallBlock Speeder aka 351SVO aka tTOP302 aka SHO@lex aka SHOalex. Long time CAFords troll and hater trying to start drama as usual. A picture of this over achiever. Now go and cry to your homeboys about how you were banned because of discrimination and racism, forgetting to mention your five trolling accounts on here :rolleyes:

A big plastic monkey pointing a finger at your little shriveled pecker? Seriously?

Wow. Just wow. And we thought the monkey pic was bad!

Does your boyfriend know you're cheating on him with the shirtless guy above?

Using a blue toy guitar to attack the guy stealing your boy toy?

Anyone offended by the anti-ghetto sign please never visit CAFords.com again. You won't be missed!

Anyone else with a fake account care to speak up?

Didn't think so.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com