Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help with ac delete An smog pump

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with ac delete An smog pump
S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I want to delete the ac compressor an the smog pump but l have two questions

First
The smog pump has a tube that runs to the back of the heads do I cap it off with a bolt to delete the smog pump

Second

I Want to move the power steering pump up but don't know if I need a different bracket or not

Can someone help me out thanks

[ December 01, 2011, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: klean50stangz88 ]

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the ac, you need a different bracket, get the ford racing delete kit. $35 and works great. comes with all brackets and bolts.

not sure about smog part..

[ December 01, 2011, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: norcalfiddy ]

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
85notch fo-eye
¯
Member # 10637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85notch fo-eye  Ford pictures for 85notch fo-eye    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea just cap that tube off with a bolt to delete the smog pump that's how mine is an for the a/c buy that bracket its an easy install just did mine yesterday looks good
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ford racing a/c delete kit & rubber 3/4" bypass cap

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool thanks everyone for the input

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Or you can go to vic hub in hayward and buy thermactor plugs that screw right into the back of the e7 heads and delete the smog tube all 2gether but u will have to clean out the hole first. As far as the ac delete I ran with the trick flow and I never had a problem
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That tube branching off the h pipe would also need to be closed...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PepBoys also sells the some set screws for the thermactor holes that are like a buck each. Cheapest place I found for them. Also why not just get a march alt bracket kit? Rather then having a bunch of idle pulleys and garbage. It looks way cleaner under the hood.
Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PepBoys also sells the some set screws for the thermactor holes that are like a buck each. Cheapest place I found for them. Also why not just get a march alt bracket kit? Rather then having a bunch of idle pulleys and garbage. It looks way cleaner under the hood.
Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com