Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » exhaust options

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: exhaust options
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate to post another thread about exhaust combo's but for some reason I'm having trouble finding other threads. I am going to be putting on Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Header when I do my top end rebuild. Currently have o/r x with flows. really wanting to get rid of the flows. I was thinking about spintech pro-streets, dynomax racebullets, or slp loudmouths.
Posts: 273 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue95gt  Ford pictures for blue95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dumps or tail pipes?
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
race bullets and tail pipes.

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It all depends on how loud you want it

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

i want it to be loud that will really define the idle of the cam im putting in
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turns downs make the exhaust loud close by cuz it sends the noise to the ground and muffels and the straight tail pipes u can hear from far away and still sounds good pretty close turn downs will just vibrate the ground a little.. I went from turn downs to tail pips

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turns downs make the exhaust loud close by cuz it sends the noise to the ground and muffles and the straight tail pipes u can hear from far away and still sounds good pretty close turn downs will just vibrate the ground a little.. I went from turn downs to tail pipes

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blue95gt:
i want it to be loud that will really define the idle of the cam im putting in

im running o/r x into slp1 and the headers are bbk shorties cams pretty good nice little crackle echo from the slp1's.. the only thing i hate about slp1's is and the "x" combo is that at high rpms it sounds pretty wild just high pitch and loses its bass. but at 2 grand cruising sound beautiful and at idle..
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

ya ive broken it down to between slp and the bullets. if i buy just the mufflers will they come with the hardware to install?
blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

how do you like the bbk headers?
392rebel65
¯
Member # 3305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 392rebel65  Ford pictures for 392rebel65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just don't get spintech.. same as flowmaster sounds worse except the idle.
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I've known is my bbk headers I bought my car with them already installed so I really could tell you about the power difference
calibre50
¯
Member # 10902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for calibre50  Ford pictures for calibre50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Slp loudmouth 1 is the way to go with tailpipes...im runnin dem with some hedman longtubes n matching h pipe sounds like a beast it turns heads..it will sound better with a cam in it..im not runnin one but its good [Big Grin]

--------------------
it doesnt matter if u win by an inch or a mile winnin is winnin

blue95gt
¯
Member # 9798

ya i dont have the money right now for longtubes so im gonna get some shorties. is bbk the best bang for the buck? or is there a better brand? gonna stick with the x pipe since i already have it
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
magnapacks ftw

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com