Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » edelbrock 1411 carb tuning

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: edelbrock 1411 carb tuning
4iHatch
¯
Member # 11298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4iHatch  Ford pictures for 4iHatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so i just moved to reno and im having problems gettin the car to run right. when i got here it was misfireing like crazy so i tuned it back to factory settings and now i cant keep it running can anyone help me

--------------------
80 H/C/I 4 eye hatch

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You probably need to change jet and metering rods because Reno is a much higher altitude than most of Ca and your air/fuel ratio is out of whack.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ditto...that's what the "high-altitude" option is on carbs. when you buy them. You may even opt to get another carb all together. Let them know you reside in the mountain areas and they should be able to find you something per your application. I have family that live in Tahoe; I understand there aren't really any reputable places for a mechanic up that way.

[ November 05, 2011, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
4iHatch
¯
Member # 11298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4iHatch  Ford pictures for 4iHatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there anything i can do for the time bein just to daily drive it its my only car so i need to be able to drive it for now with this carb

--------------------
80 H/C/I 4 eye hatch

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call them the metering rod package is pretty cheap

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
4iHatch
¯
Member # 11298

i neeed to be able to drive this car. call me daniel

--------------------
80 H/C/I 4 eye hatch

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call Edelbrock and ask them what jet and rod they suggest using and go to Summit and buy them. The jets and rods should be like $25 max.

You're in Reno, just minutes from the Summit warehouse in Sparks. They're definitely going to have the parts.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com