Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where to have Subframes Welded in or near Modesto

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to have Subframes Welded in or near Modesto
Nitmare67
¯
Member # 9846

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nitmare67  Ford pictures for Nitmare67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have some MM full length subframe connectors I wan installed in my 99 GT. I don't have a lift to do it myself and don't want to tackle it on jack stands or wheel ramps. Has anyone used a shop in or near Modesto that they can recommend?

Thanks

Nitmare67
¯
Member # 9846

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nitmare67  Ford pictures for Nitmare67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Come on nobody knows a good shop? Looks like I'm going to have this bitch on ramps in my garage and laying on my back. Better get my leathers out.
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a good shop but it's not in Modesto. If you ever make your way to Santa Rosa, check out Johnny Franklins Driveline and Hitch. They did mine, great people, great work and an awesome price.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Nitmare67
¯
Member # 9846

Ya thats a little far lol. I actually emailed MM and asked them how much to install them and they said THEY DONT INSTALL?! I was like WTF?! How do they sell all this (part used just for test fitting, etc) but they dont install? lol ok...

Looks like im going to get a new cord for my mig and weld them myself in the garage. I dont mind its just such a bitch to lay on the ground and weld under the car because its only like 18" off the ground. I thought maybe I will try to put some 4x4s under the wheels ramps to get it a bit higher in the air..

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nitmare67:
Ya thats a little far lol. I actually emailed MM and asked them how much to install them and they said THEY DONT INSTALL?! I was like WTF?! How do they sell all this (part used just for test fitting, etc) but they dont install? lol ok...

Looks like im going to get a new cord for my mig and weld them myself in the garage. I dont mind its just such a bitch to lay on the ground and weld under the car because its only like 18" off the ground. I thought maybe I will try to put some 4x4s under the wheels ramps to get it a bit higher in the air..

hit up iron50 on here.he's in san pablo tho an ive seen his work its awesome. he also does torque box's,and custom roll cages

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Two muffler shops in Manteca that can do it. Mufflers and More. Norcal muffler and truck. Both have done subframe for me.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Nitmare67
¯
Member # 9846

Which shop in manteca did the best work? How did the welds look?

Thanks, sorry I'm kinda picky.

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both do a good job. Norcal has also done a roll bar install for me also.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Nitmare67
¯
Member # 9846

Ok thanks man I will give norcal a call first I guess.I just want to make sure the person welding them is a decent welder. Needs to look good and function lol.

Thanks again.

VendicatedSN95
¯
Member # 10671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VendicatedSN95  Ford pictures for VendicatedSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have a decent welder its not too bad to do on stands. I have a 100a Lincoln and it does them but its just a little under powered for the job.
Nitmare67
¯
Member # 9846

I have a 150amp mig but forget that business. I called Norcal and they know exactly what setup I'm doing. He was very familiar with the setup of the connectors. Basically told me how to install them before I even read the instructions. He quoted me only 80 dollars to install them and it should take about an hour in a half so I can wait for it. I'm pretty stoked to say the least. I have a good feeling about this guy. He was very straight up on the phone. Thanks alot man. Going to have them done asap.
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

You won't be disappointed. Jason is a good guy. He has lots of good talent working there too. They just did my fox not long ago.

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bro just go to my boys shop very professional he's located in Modesto on whitmore Rd if u coming from crowslanding go towards Ceres before the train track there's a one street before the train tracks make a left it's called sergios muffler shop hell prob charge u about $40 or even less Call him 209-538-3747

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com