Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how to adjust stock clutch cable

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how to adjust stock clutch cable
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do i adjust stock clutch cable

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have the stock quadrant also, pull up on the pedal hard and then press it down to the floor.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does that work for 95s to? Would I have to go under the car I was thinkin of gettin an adjustable cable..
I also am having the issue I have to go all the way down to the floor to engage

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all the stock setups are that way.

there's no "fix" for a worn out clutch disc though.

adjustable cables are garbage, keep the stock cable and get a MM quadrant and firewall adjuster if you want an actual upgrade.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many times do I have to pull the clutch pedal up and slam it down? I get a click when I pull it up then I slam it down feels like it helped just a tiny bit but its still really low.. So just wondering if I have to do abunch of time?

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

VendicatedSN95
¯
Member # 10671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VendicatedSN95  Ford pictures for VendicatedSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only have to do it once or twice. either the clutch is worn out or cable may have stretched.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
then u got other problems related with pos set up. upgrade!
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the rachet that adjusts at the pedal is made out of plastic and is complete garbage i replaced 2 before i installed an aluminum quad assembley [Mad]

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i drove form loomis to roseville once in my 87.... and it was getting worse and then as soon as i got to the stop sign at my house it broke... just replace it

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.Stock clutch cable
2.adjustable quadrant
3.Firewall adjuster

Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by Built88LX:
1.Stock clutch cable
2.adjustable quadrant
3.Firewall adjuster

+100

this is the best kit I've used, got it on both my 89 and 97.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_75&products_id=386

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

I just bought a ford racing adjustable clutch cable and it feels way better! Feels brand new.
Come to find out I already had 1 already it was just so fucked up that it looked like it was chewed on and it wasn't allowing me to engage in my gears to easy

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
I just bought a ford racing adjustable clutch cable and it feels way better! Feels brand new.
Come to find out I already had 1 already it was just so fucked up that it looked like it was chewed on and it wasn't allowing me to engage in my gears to easy

all the adjustable cables are like that, they are garbage.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com