Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Drag Suspension

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Drag Suspension
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking to upgrade my suspension on my pony to get it to hook rite. Its currently all stock suspension wise. I'm thinking lakewood 90/10 up front lakewood 50/50 out back with eibach drag springs all around. As far as upper/lower control arms go I have no idea. What do u guys suggest? My car is a turgo gt fox through a c4.
Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
-American Revolution-

CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
strange 10 ways on all 4's [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Strange struts and shocks, Wolfe or Team Z Motorsport upper and lower rear control arms and anti-roll bar.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
99 blue bird
¯
Member # 10367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99 blue bird  Ford pictures for 99 blue bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the lakewoods will do fine right now but i would spend a lil more and go with the strange shocks. spend wisely once.

team z uppers and lowers with a anti roll bar.
coil overs up front with strange 10 ways out back with stock springs cut a coil

or go strange 10 ways in front with 4cyl front springs if on a budget.

stay away from moroso cheater springs and all that.

AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id rather spend a lil more and do it right once. I'm going with strange all around. I have front 4cyl springs laying around so ill run those for a bit, then upgrade to coil overs up front. So cut 1 coil off the rear stock spring?

--------------------
-American Revolution-

99 blue bird
¯
Member # 10367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99 blue bird  Ford pictures for 99 blue bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AR_Stang:
Id rather spend a lil more and do it right once. I'm going with strange all around. I have front 4cyl springs laying around so ill run those for a bit, then upgrade to coil overs up front. So cut 1 coil off the rear stock spring?

yup one coil off the rear stock springs. when you upgrade to front coil overs there is a kit so that you can still use the strange 10 ways you will already have. you will just need to buy the coils. team z makes some of the best drag racing suspension parts and have good prices. check out their site
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ill definately check team z. Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
-American Revolution-

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TeamZ Motorsport is good but Wolfe has the quickest 1/8 mile stock rear suspension, 4.44@175 in the 1/8 with stock rear springs, simple upper and lower controls and an anti roll bar and on drag radials, I haven't seen TeamZ Motorsports do that yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vk7ySeY-w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220245&page=4

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dugan-Racing.com and MaximumMotorsports.com Have some nice Upper/Lower control arm combo's. Also STEEDA and GRIGGSracing are legit. there's a wide array of company's like SummitRacing/Jegs that offer similar packages @ a more affordable cost .

My 92 was equiped with Saleen RaceCraft springs with Tockiko blues and weld in subframe Cnnectrs and an MM panhard bar with some no name tubular upper/lower cA's. THat combined with some M/T et streets and a vortech v-1 it would pull the Fronts off the ground [Big Grin]

[ October 17, 2011, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

I've been looking into both the wolfe race craft and team z. The contol arms look very similar. Price wise wolfe is a couple bux more(about $10). Is there a real big difference between the 2 companies?

--------------------
-American Revolution-

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

I really havent done anything with the TeamZ Motorsport stuff but I do like the idea of the optional uppers, it's a better version of the Baseline stuff. It helps adjust to get a better center gravity. I run the Wolfe stuff, which was all done at Wolfe in Texas for my Coupe. The only way I could adjust for a better center of gravity was to lower the rear by cutting one coil off the stock springs, which TeamZ Motorsport also does.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

99 blue bird
¯
Member # 10367

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
TeamZ Motorsport is good but Wolfe has the quickest 1/8 mile stock rear suspension, 4.44@175 in the 1/8 with stock rear springs, simple upper and lower controls and an anti roll bar and on drag radials, I haven't seen TeamZ Motorsports do that yet.

david wolfe is obviously a huge name in the drag game. the suspension on their team car is way more than what is needed for your average race car. he uses a dual ARB. who really needs that? you can easily get in the high to mid 8s with some good uppers and lowers and a ARB and good shock with stock rear springs. when setup right you should easily cut 1.3xx 60's or faster. no need to go overboard unless your trying to go deep in the 8s and 7s lol
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

David Wolfe, just has a simple setup with just uppers and lowers with stock springs and a doubled linked anti roll bar and some high-end struts & shocks, but nothing else in the rear, I know because I called after he did the 4.44 pass and you only need a single linked anti roll bar.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wolfe and Team Z are both really good setups. Just have a different theory with each setup. My car has the Team Z uppers and on a mild tune up I hit a 1.25 60 ft. My brother has either hit a 1.21 or 1.23 with this setup.

Also depending on your budget, and if it isnt a factor, I would go with Alston Vari-Shocks/Struts.

[ October 21, 2011, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Strange struts are good I run varashocks tho with no problems. Do not put a panhard bar on a drag car it's a common mistake it pulls the car one way at launch. If you just have a street car and your looking for some good hookup then yea either Wolfe or team z adj upper and lowers 4cyl springs two way adjustable shocks either strange varashocks Penske and a single link anti roll bar should be good. Get the double adjustable arms get that pinion angle dialed in. If you wanna get crazy get a track locater bar or wishbone thats Way better than a panhard. The mustangs basically a triangulated 4 link already no need for a panhard

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com