Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » lowering flaw? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: lowering flaw?
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought and installed myself, some sve 50resto specific rate springs that were not recommended for v8 verts..but i got em anyway...they went in all good with new iso's...pig tails were lined up good, front and back, but my right rear sits a little higher than the left rear...i can fit 3 fingers easy between the fender and tire on the right rear, and the left rear i can barely fit 2 fingers...i twisted the right rear coil to multiple positions in hopes of adjusting the height...but it pretty much stays the same height...any idea on what it could be? thanks

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What condition are ur shocks and rear control arm bushings?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
rear shocks have about 80k mi, and i havent really looked at the bushings (didnt see any thing to indicate wear off the bat) but could that be a factor? never thought about that

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

ttt

would i need to pull an iso on the right rear to compensate?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did u tighten ur control arms while the car was in the air? if so u got bushing bind. u used convert springs anyways????
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

I never touched the ca bushing mounts at all when i installed the rear springs...and no these are not vert springs...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's normal, a finger difference right? I have seen half inch difference in the fronts before, which is in spec. You want to really trip out, something you might not notice, your rearend isn't centered from the Factory. The passenger side wheel sticks out a little more than the drivers side.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
That's normal, a finger difference right? I have seen half inch difference in the fronts before, which is in spec. You want to really trip out, something you might not notice, your rearend isn't centered from the Factory. The passenger side wheel sticks out a little more than the drivers side.

would that cause one side to be higher than the other? thanks

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you drove it since you put the springs in? they might settle and even out on their own

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
welcome to the world of the foxbody lean.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

ive driven it for atleast 50-60 miles thruout downtown sf as well...and man! that lean bugs me...i see these other foxes with a perfect/even drop too...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

heres a shot of the right rear before i dropped the front

-

-

and heres the left rear (the lower side)

-

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

u can tell more in the middle pic of the gap between the fender and tire...doesnt look that bad, but it is....a damn eyesore lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks fine to me? I would just throw on some fatter wheels/tires to fill in the well a little more. Nice ride though. [burnout]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the exact same thing with my car. The only way to really correct the stance is to install coil overs.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RAP66:
I had the exact same thing with my car. The only way to really correct the stance is to install coil overs.

nah, the easiest way is with a set of adjustable control arms -
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=514_21_91_425_430_432&products_id=523

the MM adj. arms are must have mod for any mustang that you want to drive aggressively, they hook better and let the axle move more free so it corners better too.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:
Originally posted by RAP66:

nah, the easiest way is with a set of adjustable control arms -
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=514_21_91_425_430_432&products_id=523

the MM adj. arms are must have mod for any mustang that you want to drive aggressively, they hook better and let the axle move more free so it corners better too.

LOL and these too... <I have them as well>

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Will moving my battery to the right rear trunk help a little?

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you gotta whip a few donuts

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have always found a reason why any of them leaned, either bad spring , weird bushings, the last one leaned in the back similar to what u got, and one of the spring perches of front was smashed in from bottoming out i guess.
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:

haha not me playboy...got too much ridin to take that chance...plus, i got no bars. lol

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

and man, i would love to have that mm ca but i dont want to spend that much money if im not going after performance, but more along the lines of simple looks.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get ahold of me. Your pm box is full.

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:

haha not me playboy...got too much ridin to take that chance...plus, i got no bars. lol
lol [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

quote:
Originally posted by dvuspny:
Get ahold of me. Your pm box is full.

box cleared

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com