Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » performance improvement intake swap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: performance improvement intake swap
1990B0SS
¯
Member # 11069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990B0SS  Ford pictures for 1990B0SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a cracked stock intake manifold and replaced it with the performance improvement manifold by ford racing. the new manifold is 4 inches taller than the stock one. i was able to get it in but now it runs like crap and back fires really badly when you hit the gas. ne tips on what can be wrong.... maybe get it tuned to my computer?
1990B0SS
¯
Member # 11069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990B0SS  Ford pictures for 1990B0SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and it starts almost instantly and runs a little rough at idle but the rpm's dont move they stay at 700 rpm's at idle
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe you need pi heads to run the pi intake due to the differences in port shape. Unless you have adapter plated. Sounds like a vacuum leak or bad maf. Didn't start till after the swap?

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
VendicatedSN95
¯
Member # 10671

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VendicatedSN95  Ford pictures for VendicatedSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The ports dont line up with the heads as stated. I have heard of guys using silicone to make it work but seems kinda halfassed imo

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com