Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 03 Mach 1 Suspension on 93 Mustang GT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 03 Mach 1 Suspension on 93 Mustang GT
SoSick93
¯
Member # 11099

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoSick93  Ford pictures for SoSick93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Ford owners. So I have a 93 GT all stock suspension..I recently got my buddy's 2003 stock Mach 1 suspension (shocks, struts, springs). Good condition, he just replaced with MM suspension. Anyways, I started in the back first cause it was easiest. I took off the wheels, disconnected the quad-shock and main shock then dropped the rear end and took out the springs. I put the new springs in, new shocks and connected the quad shock again and put the wheels back on.. and instead of lowering my car, it raised it. I have 17in cobras on 235s and from the wheel to the top of the wheel well is about a 4 inch gap now. Did I do something wrong or do I need to take a few coils out? The suspension is very still also but compared to my old stuff it seems pretty nice I'm just not diggin the lift. Please help with any ideas. And when I do the front I don't want to have a lift in the front too. Thanks a ton
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A Mach 1 weighs a bit more than your Fox, hense the raise in ride height. You will have to pull a coil or two off to get it where you want it. Remember though, removing coils compromises the rebound rate...so the ride might suck.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SoSick93
¯
Member # 11099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSick93  Ford pictures for SoSick93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks man I just said screw it and I'm gunna buy some H&R Springs. I keep hearing it will mess up the overall ride and stuff with cutting coils and I got the Mach 1 stuff for a reason.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you put the pig tail facing the driver side, both left and right need to face driver side
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SoSick93
¯
Member # 11099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSick93  Ford pictures for SoSick93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you mean facing the drivers side? Would that change it dramatically? I didn't even think about that. Do the front springs need to face a certain direction also?
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes it will believe it or not, and the front you just need to cover up one hole on the a-arm, (that lets the water drain out)
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com