Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » keeping my motor and my EEC happy

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: keeping my motor and my EEC happy
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i finally came to terms that im going to wait on a 351w build until i have more money to do it right. so now im looking to start building my 302 in the next month or so (pending good compression and leakdown results). im going for somewhat of a mild budget build since my real goal is the 351, and want to know if am going to be okay with the stock injectors im currently running or if im going to have to upgrade to 24lb injectors/MAF (and spark for that matter) based on the parts I'm looking at.

GT40 Iron Heads with 1.6 RR
E303 or B303 cam
Polished Cobra Upper and Lower
70mm throttle body
BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator (not sure what fuel pressure ill be running, trial and error i suppose)

im thinking that because im not going for a super free flowing system and im sure ill still be well under 350 horse, ill be fine with the stock 19lb injectors. just want some other opinions

--------------------
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was running X302 heads, E303, cobra manifold, 70mm bbk tb, equal lengths no cats, mac intake and msd ignition with 19s and stock fuel pressure.

Datalogs showed I was at 92% duty for them WOT at redline. Normally don't wanna go much over 80 but unless you're on it all the time you should be fine. Save the cash and keep the 19s.

Posts: 98 | From: Charleston, SC | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bentley mobs a stang  Ford pictures for bentley mobs a stang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blubyu87gt:
I was running X302 heads, E303, cobra manifold, 70mm bbk tb, equal lengths no cats, mac intake and msd ignition with 19s and stock fuel pressure.

Datalogs showed I was at 92% duty for them WOT at redline. Normally don't wanna go much over 80 but unless you're on it all the time you should be fine. Save the cash and keep the 19s.

Thanks for the response. How did u see ur duty cycle activity? NGS Scantool? TwEECer? Also did u just run an msd box with a stock dizzy? I already have an msd but the rest of my ignition is stock

--------------------

Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blubyu87gt  Ford pictures for Blubyu87gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not a problem man.

Got the data logs through a QuarterHorse. Very good hardware. Using Binary Editor very good software. Just using the stock dist. With a msd cap cap 6al box and an autozone msd coil.

[ July 26, 2011, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Blubyu87gt ]

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

bentley mobs a stang
¯
Member # 11119

cool thanks! ill look into it. ps i meant to say my coil is msd but the rest of my ignition is stock. im wondering if ill be fine without the box for the time being since im running stock maf and injector parameters on my ecu, higher quality spark will never hurt but im just wondering how much i can get away with, and how much it would really help me if i do go with a 6al box.

--------------------

Blubyu87gt
¯
Member # 9427

The box is totally not necessary. I had two laying around from other builds. Just hrew it on when I had vacation a while ago and got bored. Honestly didn't make a difference at all for performance with that setup. Did clean up the mess of wires and looks better though.

--------------------
Make something idiot proof and you only find a new class of idiot!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com