Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » headlight problem

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: headlight problem
green91lx
¯
Member # 9648

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for green91lx  Ford pictures for green91lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hi my name is brian and im fairly new to cafords. i have a 85 gt thats all stock. my problem is that my headlights will turn on and off when i push the clutch in and out when i go to shift gears. now, this does not happen every time i drive my car, its very random. i have already checked out the point of connection at the light and followed the wireing back through the harnes and there doesnt seem to be any problem there and im at a loss. a friend of mine said that there is some kind of sensor at the clutch that may be the cause of the problem. the car also when i bought the car came with an alarm and i dont know if it also could be the problem. any info would help thanks.
KevinK
Tech Mod
Member # 9234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK  Ford pictures for KevinK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Strange problem. The lights should not be connected to the clutch. You might want to check the grounds. There should a ground wire on each cornner of the radiator support by the hood bumper and one off the negative battery cable. After that, it's probably miss wired. I don't have the wiring manuals handy. Let me know if you need more help and I will look it up.
Posts: 197 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com