Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4cyl t5 or 8cyl t5??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4cyl t5 or 8cyl t5??
Cali5.0Boy925
¯
Member # 10377

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cali5.0Boy925  Ford pictures for Cali5.0Boy925    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How can you tell the difference between a 4 cylinder t5 and a 8 cylinder because I'm looking to buy one on here and theres this guy that has one but I saw on another post someone saying it was a 4 cylinder one even though he said its not and I just don't wanna get screwed and pay for the wrong one
Thank you

--------------------
R.I.P 88 GT 5.0 SALEEN CLONE
~50 BOYZ~

Glenn671
Member # 964

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn671  Ford pictures for Glenn671    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smaller input pilot bearing shaft on the 4cyl, so bring one form a V8 and compare.
Posts: 9 | From: Oahu, Hawaii | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw the picture, no way to tell from that pic.
Take a 15mm and a 17mm wrench with you and stick it on the end of the pilot bearing shaft
If the smaller 15mm fits its a 4 cyl., if the bigger 17mm wrench fits its a V8
You can also tell about what year it is by the metal tag on the case, you will see a 1352- ??? number
this can be cross referenced to the year range it came from http://www.moderndriveline.com/images/t-5specsheet.gif

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Cali5.0Boy925
¯
Member # 10377

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cali5.0Boy925  Ford pictures for Cali5.0Boy925    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea thats the one I was talking about with the picture but thanks guys appriciate the help

--------------------
R.I.P 88 GT 5.0 SALEEN CLONE
~50 BOYZ~

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com