Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Turn on ignition and injectors make a click noise?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Turn on ignition and injectors make a click noise?
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I been trouble shooting my car fixing a few things here n there, I twist the key to the point were ryte before it cranks. So the ignition switch is on and i can hear my injectors ticking? I also hear clicking noises from 2 solenoids, 1 near the computer and 1 ryte below the MAF there both on the engine harness. Any one have any suggestions? I have this ongoing problem were my car sucks up the battery if i dnt disconnect a neg or pos post. Any ideas? This thing is driving me nuts

--------------------
*Municipio Yanga Veracruz

lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Injectors make a click noise when they spray. When injectors have fuel pressure behind them and get voltage they should spray. I don't know if the Mustang computers spray before the car physically turns over, but some cars do.

As far as the solenoids go... are you referring to vacuum solenoids, or electrical relays? Relays are square with wires running to them. Solenoid are of various shapes and have wires plus vacuum lines running to them.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
everything you described as clicking is perfectly normal in a good running car.

if you want to track down a battery drain, pull all of your fuses, hook up a voltmeter showing DC amps, and connect it in-line between the positive battery terminal and the positive battery cable.

Add 1 fuse at a time and watch the meter, if it goes up and carries a constant load, you found the circuit that has the drain on it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
YFivePointSlow its the Relays got confused thanks for clearing that up for me. And yes its 1 near the computer. And 1 under the MAF there both on the harness and they both make a clicking noise when i disconect and reconect the battery post.

Blind sounds good I read[red] ur post carefully. Ill explain to my mechanic and get on it as soon as the weather clears up

Thanks for the advice

--------------------

96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

if you want to track down a battery drain, pull all of your fuses, hook up a voltmeter showing DC amps, and connect it in-line between the positive battery terminal and the positive battery cable.

Add 1 fuse at a time and watch the meter, if it goes up and carries a constant load, you found the circuit that has the drain on it.

POP! there goes his meter fuse lol
i dont thik he will catch the IN LINE part of your post

[ June 30, 2011, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: 96mysticman ]

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 96mysticman:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

POP! there goes his meter fuse lol
i dont thik he will catch the IN LINE part of your post

you can only help those willing to help themselves [Smile]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com