Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BLOWN 306 FUEL QUESTIONS????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BLOWN 306 FUEL QUESTIONS????
Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasty Notch  Ford pictures for Nasty Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ma boy puttin together a blown 306 and now it's fuel system Time any ideas???? For example should he run a in-tank or external pump if either what brands?

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

Alex Crisp (Lux) aka "Nasty Notch" of Oakland & Vallejo,out of this list of stolen parts has been selling a rare S351 intake and Vortech YS trim with removed serial number, finding out how to fill a TKO, selling a twEECer, and selling MM camber caster plates! He refuses to answer where these parts are now and who he got these parts from. Either Alex is a thief or knows who the thief is.People like Al ruin the hobby and contaminate our community.

UPDATE: Felon Alex Crisp arrested and jailed

UPDATE2: Alex Crisp guilty of armed robbery

Posts: 941 | From: A intersection | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
255 intank and 255 inline, stock lines. Since it's a fox grab some 94/95 fuel rails.. Budget fuel system that is proven.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nasty Notch:
Ma boy puttin together a blown 306 and now it's fuel system Time any ideas???? For example should he run a in-tank or external pump if either what brands?

stock lines..

this pump
http://aeromotiveinc.com/2011/05/340-stealth/

42 lb injectors and matching PMAS MAF

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:

stock lines..

this pump

The 340 sleath is a good pump. I did some research on it, people were saying it will pump to much flow for stock lines to handle, but IDK. 255 in tank, 255 in line, #60's, and meth on stock lines and rails is what I'll be using. Stock lines and rails are good up to 600rwhp with enough pump ahead, some even make more. The meth also adds to your fuel limits capacity.
E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for E's 89COUPE  Ford pictures for E's 89COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an aeromotive fuel system and forget about your fuel Q,s you will be able to focus on what drive train you want

--------------------
SIDE JOBS PERFORMANCE & GENERAL MECHANIC 510-875-0502 EDDIE

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic96GT:
quote:
quote:

stock lines..

this pump

The 340 sleath is a good pump. I did some research on it, people were saying it will pump to much flow for stock lines to handle, but IDK. 255 in tank, 255 in line, #60's, and meth on stock lines and rails is what I'll be using. Stock lines and rails are good up to 600rwhp with enough pump ahead, some even make more. The meth also adds to your fuel limits capacity.
Fyi..meth doesn't add to your fuel limit capacity, it lowers intake temps...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by E's 89COUPE:
Get an aeromotive fuel system and forget about your fuel Q,s you will be able to focus on what drive train you want

Baller!!!
Not many mustang guys are ready to drop a $1000 on a fuel system. I gave him the best budget way, also get some 60lbs injectors and boost it till she blows!!!!

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonic96GT  Ford pictures for Sonic96GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

stock lines..

this pump

Yea, my bad. I ment it increases your octane.
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

stock lines..

this pump

it doesn't do that either..

methanol is sprayed into the intake side of your system allowing for cooler intake temps....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

stock lines..

this pump

methanol is sprayed into the intake side of your system allowing for cooler intake temps....

It gives you the equivalent of higher octane gas. Quoted from AIS.
As previously mentioned already, water methanol injection has become a tried-and-true proven way for users to effectively increase their 87-93 octane pump gas. Depending on the amount injected and the type of mix used (pure water, pure methanol or a mix of the two), gains up to 10-25+ points in octane can be achieved. Thus making 91 octane pump gas act like 105-116 octane racing fuel in their engines.

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

stock lines..

this pump

It gives you the equivalent of higher octane gas. Quoted from AIS.
As previously mentioned already, water methanol injection has become a tried-and-true proven way for users to effectively increase their 87-93 octane pump gas. Depending on the amount injected and the type of mix used (pure water, pure methanol or a mix of the two), gains up to 10-25+ points in octane can be achieved. Thus making 91 octane pump gas act like 105-116 octane racing fuel in their engines.

ACT like..not increase....

also , please quote the whole thing
" This is after evaluating maximum allowable total timing advance and maximum attainable boost levels with out detonation or pre-ignition."

IT DOES NOT INCREASE GASOLINE OCTANE...

IT ACTS LIKE AN HIGHER OCTANE BY ALLOWING THE ADDITION OF TIMING to produce more power...

[ June 26, 2011, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: C6Z06s_own_50Deep ]

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasty Notch  Ford pictures for Nasty Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok well skip the meth talk and and aero prove talk cuz he's not running either as of now he has the rails and a boost friendly stand alone fuel regulator so off he does a 255 intank and a 255 in line should he still run the fmu ???

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

Alex Crisp (Lux) aka "Nasty Notch" of Oakland & Vallejo,out of this list of stolen parts has been selling a rare S351 intake and Vortech YS trim with removed serial number, finding out how to fill a TKO, selling a twEECer, and selling MM camber caster plates! He refuses to answer where these parts are now and who he got these parts from. Either Alex is a thief or knows who the thief is.People like Al ruin the hobby and contaminate our community.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Ok well skip the meth talk and and aero prove talk cuz he's not running either as of now he has the rails and a boost friendly stand alone fuel regulator so off he does a 255 intank and a 255 in line should he still run the fmu ???

meth is a low buck option but whateva Ill skip the talk......

oh and you said he has a "boost friendly stand alone fuel regulator..." does he still run the FMU...

NO

Because what you meant was a boost referenced regulator so you are going to get your pressure spike from that.

Add the FMU and it will be pig rich from spiking twice.

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Water meth kit 50/50 mix does improve fuel octane..period. when activated of course.
Water meth kit does rich'n your car about 1/2 point AFR. period

I ran one on my 91 mustang(for years) before anybody around here did and it is a awesome kit.

All the research on water meth was done by the Military, it is also still available on line. You should read it good stuff. that's what I did before I purchased mine that way you don't have to weed through all the miss info out there..good luck

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

Again letsskip the meth talk of make a separate thread bout the ups and downs of meth.. So back to what I was Asking so will a 255 intank and also a 255 inline be enough wit aero price rails & reg wit 42lb injectors

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes it will work but will be pushin it after 470 rwhp should upgrade to 60lb injectors/ 6-an return line 8-an feed line/ the new aermotive fuel pump and will be a monster intill 550-600 rwhp and eliminate the 255 inline pump

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No sweat nasty notch melt your shit any way you want....

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Glenn671
Member # 964

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn671  Ford pictures for Glenn671    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Again letsskip the meth talk of make a separate thread bout the ups and downs of meth.. So back to what I was Asking so will a 255 intank and also a 255 inline be enough wit aero price rails & reg wit 42lb injectors

yes this will work, it's what I run, and no fuel issues. I don't think you really need the 255 inline though. FMU is for the stock fuel set up.
Posts: 9 | From: Oahu, Hawaii | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

I'm not tryin to complain it's jus hard for some people to get a clear answer when the thread gets jacked and filled wit quotes and a whole bunch of extras all I Wana kno is will a 255 intake work jus by it self or should he also run a in line the motor is a 306 wit a v2 on it stock fuel lines aftermarket rails 42lb injector simple as that everybody thanks for the input

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Yes done it for years get the GSS 340 (high pressure) 255. The the low pressure one will not flow enough when your fuel pressure is raised.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Sonic96GT
¯
Member # 9594

This fuel question has been asked so many times over the net. Just do some research. You will need to upgrade your rails to sn95 5.0 fuel rails, they flow better. Also you won't really know what works until you get a tune. But I'm running 255 in tank 255 in line with stock lines and rails. People have supported up to 550 - 600 rwhp on this set up. Your tuner would tell you if running lean or not. Then make your adjustments from there.

Edit: Also this is with 60 pound injectors. You will be maxing the 42's out around 500rwhp. So you'll need to upgrade to 60's if you want 500-600rwhp.

[ June 29, 2011, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Sonic96GT ]

96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a real pump and move on! fuck that budget bullshit...

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com