Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 351W build

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 351W build
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so i went and snatched that 69 windsor turbo50 (dan) had outside. by the way thanks man much appreciated. anyways block seem to be in good condition but i want to get it cleaned and honed where would you guys recomend going? also i want to do forged internals so i been looking at scat and iron eagle for kits im going for 550 or more horsepower and is there a way to go efi on this? lmk and thanks c a fords

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daves Machine in newark.

You will have to have that motor mount boss repaired (aacasting will do it but its in gerberville and he wants $150) or run a motor plate but that limits future blower/turbo mods etc.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
highway21
¯
Member # 10516

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highway21  Ford pictures for highway21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dave's Engine Machining - talk to angie.. she knows her stuff .

--------------------
WS6 - Built/Driven/Tuned by HSS

notch - 408 project

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so daves? and dan what does all that mean? lol

--------------------
King Lx

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

nevermind i misread. so it needs a motor mount boss? wheres gerberville and how long will that take

--------------------
King Lx

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by lucius50fox:
so daves? and dan what does all that mean? lol

Yes go to Daves Machine.

What I am sayin is that the motor mount boss pad has to be repaired. That is why I gave you the $2-400 dollar block for free.

I dont have the time to get it fixed and dont even need the block.

I spoke with Rick who owns A&C Casting and sent him some pics and he quoted me $150 to fix it.

Great deal but it is in Humboldt county I believe...gerberville or kelseyville,,,,,,,quite a drive either way but it will save you some money and his work is world renowned.

http://www.accastingrebuilders.com/

Good luck.

[ June 09, 2011, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
nevermind i misread. so it needs a motor mount boss? wheres gerberville and how long will that take

LOL well you must have missed it in the ad....which may also explain why you didnt bring a pack of donuts for my son either........he is certainly disappointed and only 4 so its the end of his world now lol.

Looks like Ill have to stop on the way home from work today lol.

--------------------

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

LOL NO ONE TOLD ME TO GET DONUTS. I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE GAS STATION DOWN THE STREET ASAP. HOW BOUT WHEN I IN LIST YOU FOR WORK ILL BRING THEM. DOES HE WANT CRUMB POWDERED OR CHOCOLATE?

--------------------
King Lx

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
LOL NO ONE TOLD ME TO GET DONUTS. I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE GAS STATION DOWN THE STREET ASAP. HOW BOUT WHEN I IN LIST YOU FOR WORK ILL BRING THEM. DOES HE WANT CRUMB POWDERED OR CHOCOLATE?

LOL its all good player. He likes the chocolate entemanns tho [Smile]

Take care.

--------------------

707iiii
¯
Member # 10923

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707iiii  Ford pictures for 707iiii    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had me all confused. Kelseyville is in the clearlake area. Humboldt is my neck of the woods and I can only think of one thing humboldt is world renowned for. @ op are you doing a stock stroke combo? I'm considering doing a Windsor up in the future with a 3.85 stroke crank I have laying around.
Posts: 327 | From: Lost Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

i want to do stock stroke standard bore but i want to find out what heads are out there

--------------------
King Lx

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wasup james, sounds like u got big plans for the 351 what do u plan on putting it in?

[ June 09, 2011, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your going to have issues putting a stroker kit in that block. Those early blocks have a lower deck height. Your piston will end up sticking out the whole. Just a heads up to do your research before buying your parts. If you end up sticking with a 351, I have a crank and rods to get you going.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

my boy sneaky whats good. yea looks like im going to be doing forged internals but need a shorter stroke. ill figure something out. o and im trading my off road x pipe for some naked windsor heads and kyb struts in box new and a catted h lol im on a roll and im getting some cobra lenses for my old gauges

--------------------
King Lx

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Your going to have issues putting a stroker kit in that block. Those early blocks have a lower deck height. Your piston will end up sticking out the whole. Just a heads up to do your research before buying your parts. If you end up sticking with a 351, I have a crank and rods to get you going.

is yours stock stroke or shorter lmk

--------------------
King Lx

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

is yours stock stroke or shorter lmk
HUHUHUH HUHUH HUH HUHUHUH HE SAID SHORT STROKE, STAY AWAY FROM THE WALLS BUDDY.....IM SORRY I COULDNT RESIST, PLZ FORGIVE ME.....HUHUH HUHUH SHORT STROKE....HUHUH HUH [Big Grin]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:

He wont have any issues as long as he advises whoever he gets the kit from that he is using a 9.480 block. They knock 20 tho off the pistons. Some of the scat kits are taylored around the 9.480 block meaning that when you get them and put them in a 9.5 block they sit in the hole so you then have to zero deck the block to get it back up for quench.

Ive put quite a few together its no big deal.

Also I have the stock rotator out of it if you want but its nearly 11 to one as most 69 351s are.

Dan

--------------------

707iiii
¯
Member # 10923

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707iiii  Ford pictures for 707iiii    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Coast high/probe is offering free balancing on engine kits right now. Could save a few hundred bucks. Also 20% off pistons. Might be a good time to get my 347 pistons.
Posts: 327 | From: Lost Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

He wont have any issues as long as he advises whoever he gets the kit from that he is using a 9.480 block. They knock 20 tho off the pistons. Some of the scat kits are taylored around the 9.480 block meaning that when you get them and put them in a 9.5 block they sit in the hole so you then have to zero deck the block to get it back up for quench.

Ive put quite a few together its no big deal.

Also I have the stock rotator out of it if you want but its nearly 11 to one as most 69 351s are.

Dan

ill take the stock rotation if it will be good to run. ive only built like 3 engines so im just researching at this point to see where im going dan lmk thanks

--------------------
King Lx

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should be a good set up I'm pushing 700+ on a 408w on 22lbs boost on a auto [burnout]

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by 87#184saleen:
Should be a good set up I'm pushing 700+ on a 408w on 22lbs boost on a auto [burnout]

damn!! im not gonna do boost out the gate i think i jus like the comfort of forged internals. i think a vortech charger would be killing it maybe when i win the lotto tomorrow

--------------------
King Lx

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ever thought of using Motor plates? you dont have to worry about the boss. I bought a skinny kid set up it is nice.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

naw send me a url bout them ill check it out thanks

--------------------
King Lx

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol I don't need them. Look on skinny kid race cars if you are intersted.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com