Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 800hp need advice (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 800hp need advice
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gathering some junk to make my beater faster than liter bikes, and everything else that gets in my way.

Right now I have:
- 8.2 deck .30 over iron eagle
- 70mm on3 fox kit (thinking of going 76mm)
- around a 180hp wet shot
- 1.72 rr
- b cam
- 97 cobra rear
- full front suspension

Now I need to know what else I would need..

-trans
-fuel system (injectors size/fuel pump)
-ecu

I know I'm missing other things,

What would I need to make my car a solid runner?

Thanks,
Mike

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Won't you need heads too? Also, pretty sure you'll be pretty hard pressed to hit 800hp with a B cam.

[ June 03, 2011, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I'm not sure why I mentioned the cam, im going to sell that my old block and performers heads and intake, to fund some of the things ill be needing.

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
800hp? no

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
800 you dont need that for a 10 sec ride....start there by researching what people are using for low 10's

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^i agree, but if 800 is your goal i would try n look at as many different ppls combos who are actually SAFELY puttin 800 down to giv urself a better idea of what its really guna take, especially if u want it to last. [Wink]

[ June 03, 2011, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow..first off, good luck with that, and i dont mean that in a negative way..jus be ready to drop some serious $$$..I had a 1000 h.p. motor built and theres so much little things that add up that you wouldnt think of..jus an example is fuel fittings and upgrading the ignition. when you plan on making that much power, theres no going cheap on anything..its gotta be the best of whats out there. pretty much no cutting corners and it gets expensive. I would like to see this build process though and if your really serious about it, talk to alot of engine builders, high performance shops, and people who have made that kind of power or close to it so you can get a clear idea of what it'll take. If you dont mind me asking, whats the most amount of horse power you've had in a car you owned?

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ better off buying a 03-04 cobra and doing a pully swap and maybe a kenny bell supercharger upgrade ....

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Yeah I expect it to be a large amount of dough to make that dream to happen. I'm probably better off aiming towards the 650 whp I was originally gunning for, and the most ive ever had was just a little north of 450 and I wanted more, I def have room to grow with this motor though.

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blkfoxbody89:
Yeah I expect it to be a large amount of dough to make that dream to happen. I'm probably better off aiming towards the 650 whp I was originally gunning for, and the most ive ever had was just a little north of 450 and I wanted more, I def have room to grow with this motor though.

thats more realistic to achieve with what u currently have

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can make as much hp as you want just be prepared to pay for it.

HP=$$$$$$

Some combos make the power easier and cheaper, but that is figuratively speaking.

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
707iiii
¯
Member # 10923

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707iiii  Ford pictures for 707iiii    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to point out that your block has a 4.125 bore which would give you 363 cubic inches. Your best bet for a cam would be a custom grind from someone reputable. What heads are you going to be running?
Posts: 327 | From: Lost Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm gathering some junk to make my beater faster than liter bikes, and everything else that gets in my way.

Right now I have:
- 8.2 deck .30 over iron eagle
- 70mm on3 fox kit (thinking of going 76mm)
- around a 180hp wet shot
- 1.72 rr
- b cam
- 97 cobra rear
- full front suspension

Now I need to know what else I would need..

-trans
-fuel system (injectors size/fuel pump)
-ecu

I know I'm missing other things,

What would I need to make my car a solid runner?

Thanks,
Mike

i would use 83lb fuel injectors or bigger / would use the tko 600 trans / with the anderson pms for ur ecu

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Burn Rubber
Member # 10979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burn Rubber  Ford pictures for Burn Rubber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't forget about the chasis! When you aproach those levels of power the Mustang chasis will literaly twist itself. By reinforcing it with a rollcage and other chasis stiffening products, will keep you moving in the direction intended.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707iiii:
Just wanted to point out that your block has a 4.125 bore which would give you 363 cubic inches. Your best bet for a cam would be a custom grind from someone reputable. What heads are you going to be running?

The last Iron eagle that was shipped to me with a 3.99 bore and maxed out at 4.125

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
707iiii
¯
Member # 10923

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707iiii  Ford pictures for 707iiii    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
Originally posted by 707iiii:

The last Iron eagle that was shipped to me with a 3.99 bore and maxed out at 4.125
Interesting. Dart must use different castings for the standard bore block,they claim the 4.125 block can safely go to 4.165.
Posts: 327 | From: Lost Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my Dart Iron Eagle block sonic checked and it will go way over 4.125.. at .030 it was still .almost .400 thick [Eek!]

[ June 06, 2011, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

What heads would an experienced person recommend for a baller on a budget? Also am I required to go 9"?

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to give us a figure on what you want to spend on your heads. Then you can get some educated answers...a 8.8 will work fine.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

I don't want to spend anything so if you know anyone with a set of great flowing heads just collecting dust lmk! But thats probably not happening so somewhere near 1k, will my performers be the bottleneck on a boosted 363? Would they prevent 650rw?

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your not going to be faster than liter bikes with 650rwhp. Your car will be an animal can't wait to see itdone

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I don't want to spend anything so if you know anyone with a set of great flowing heads just collecting dust lmk! But thats probably not happening so somewhere near 1k, will my performers be the bottleneck on a boosted 363? Would they prevent 650rw?

Having goals and a tight budget is one thing, but having realistic goals and a tight budget are another. 650rwhp is a lot of power. With a 10% driveline loss for a manual trans, that means you need to make ~715hp at the crank. With a small block (under 400 cubes) I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not going to be cheap. IMO, performers won't get you there.

What is the bore size of your block? Dart has two 8.2 Iron Eagle blocks, a 4.00" and a 4.125". If you've got the 4.00" block and it's only .030" over, you're definiately going to come up short of that 715fwhp.

What crank are you using? Anything short of a forged crank is going to fail at that power level under boost. Same with the rods. Better pick a quality H-beam.

For heads, look on Corral.net. You may get lucky and find a ported set of heads that'll work for $1400-$1600.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Yes it is the 4.125 bore. And I know I'm going to be 2k in a forged h beam roasting assembly, I was initially aiming for 450 rw, but when I got the iron eagle block.. I figured id try to atleast get it close to half of its potential.

I need to make a corral account now and check out the scene there..

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've got some first production trick flows that have been worked over by T.E.A TOTAL ENGINEERING AIRFLOW i'd let you suk me for the next three months for them but i'm pretty sure my 680 hp 427w wouldnt run with out them. oh yeah if your tryin to build this kind of power the guys are right lots and lots of money! this could take years of saving and by that time you wont even be able to afford to run it gas will be over ten bucks a gallon! were getting fucked
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'll want something like this and a YSI:
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/dwigg3394/Bill%20Lea/

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com