Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » gt40p question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: gt40p question
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
besides the special headers id hav 2 get,why do people choose the gt40 over the gt40p??is there any difference with the flow on these,cc any bigger or smaller?

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smog legal.

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stock for stock gt40ps will be better..better spark plug angle..reason for special headers..but bbk longtubes work i heard..they also have smaller combustion chambers..smaller exhaust valve but is great for velocity..great head for the money [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
more efficient and higher compression, you will need headers that clear the spark plug wires, i think they use different spark plugs, and theres no thermactor holes in the back so you'll need to plug the rubber hose going to the back of the heads from the smog pump

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
93ChpLuu
¯
Member # 10787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ChpLuu  Ford pictures for 93ChpLuu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would bbk shorty headers fit the regular gt40 heads? what about the gt40p? Im trying to figure out what kind of heads to go with since i got some bolts on except the heads.
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:
stock for stock gt40ps will be better..better spark plug angle..reason for special headers..but bbk longtubes work i heard..they also have smaller combustion chambers..smaller exhaust valve but is great for velocity..great head for the money [Whoo Whooooo!]

i was told the gt40p has better flow than the non p!whats your opinion on that?

--------------------

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by clone nprogrss:
quote:

u wanna throw hotdogs in hallways go gt40s

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
quote:
quote:

u wanna throw hotdogs in hallways go gt40s
que es eso? what u mean mr 2tone

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check this,if u want to be ok,go gt40s,yea people will say gt40s cheap (3-4) and port them(3-4),thats when i say eh vahli,cuz if ur going to port them u still going to cash out right??..ok now, if u wanna rub some walls and stick it to these bitches u mite aswell save like 3 or 4 hun more and be a lil different with aluminum heads,they are cheap used,eddys or trickflows 6-8 all day u mite even find some with rockers,point being if your doing it ,do it right ,do it once ,nobody likes to tear a motor apart twice.just something to think about

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
93ChpLuu
¯
Member # 10787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ChpLuu  Ford pictures for 93ChpLuu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats very true good advice...i was thinking on getting some gt40's but now i think i rather save a lil extra and buy sum better ones instead...
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GT40 iron = $300 wait around and you will find them for less..even better people selling the less desired but better flowing "P" version for less

trickflow spring kit (springs, shims, retainers and valve seals = $150

misc bullshit supplies = lets just give that a over generous $50 price

do all the work yourself = $450-$500

if you guys can find aluminum heads thats absolutely 100% ready to go for that price (500), fuck let me know

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:
GT40 iron = $300 wait around and you will find them for less..even better people selling the less desired but better flowing "P" version for less

if you guys can find aluminum heads thats absolutely 100% ready to go for that price (500), fuck let me know

thats y im goin wit the p's for now! i got a sweet deal on em with the headers for under 300 resurfaced n ready to bolt on!! dnt get me wrong 2tone has a valid point but for 5-600 bucks i doubt id find sum aluminums ready to bolt on!!!thanks any way 2tone for the words of wisdom!!

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Its possible.. check corral.net... I have first hand experience [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasty Notch  Ford pictures for Nasty Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holler at jaejae he got some gt40's ported to the MAX wit rockers and to u he might give u the sympathy Price since he served u that one day hahahah lol "JK" u kept it lit on ya own much props I respect that but yeah as for gt40's u wont find a better set that his all the springs have been upgraded u would be ready to go...

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

Alex Crisp (Lux) aka "Nasty Notch" of Oakland & Vallejo,out of this list of stolen parts has been selling a rare S351 intake and Vortech YS trim with removed serial number, finding out how to fill a TKO, selling a twEECer, and selling MM camber caster plates! He refuses to answer where these parts are now and who he got these parts from. Either Alex is a thief or knows who the thief is.People like Al ruin the hobby and contaminate our community.

UPDATE: Felon Alex Crisp arrested and jailed

UPDATE2: Alex Crisp guilty of armed robbery

Posts: 941 | From: A intersection | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

thats y im goin wit the p's for now! i got a sweet deal on em with the headers for under 300 resurfaced n ready to bolt on!! dnt get me wrong 2tone has a valid point but for 5-600 bucks i doubt id find sum aluminums ready to bolt on!!!thanks any way 2tone for the words of wisdom!!
U never know just keep your ears open i picked up those dope eddy heads ready to bolt on for 600

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

quote:
Originally posted by Nasty Notch:
Holler at jaejae he got some gt40's ported to the MAX wit rockers and to u he might give u the sympathy Price since he served u that one day hahahah lol "JK" u kept it lit on ya own much props I respect that but yeah as for gt40's u wont find a better set that his all the springs have been upgraded u would be ready to go...

wass good boi,yeah jae offered me a sweet deal on those but wit tha work slow rite now i'd hav 2 wait a couple weeks!!but yeah i talked 2 jae over tha weekend an if i got tha loot in a couple weeks ima prolly fuck wit him!

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

wass good boi,yeah jae offered me a sweet deal on those but wit tha work slow rite now i'd hav 2 wait a couple weeks!!but yeah i talked 2 jae over tha weekend an if i got tha loot in a couple weeks ima prolly fuck wit him!
im just nice guy..and these trickflows im gettin are to good to pass up [Wink]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

all shit steppin ur game up uh lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shit Im glad you finally came to your senses now go get a real block and be done with it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shit Im glad you finally came to your senses now go get a real block and be done with it.
hopefully it all falls thru cause thats exactly what i planned on doin was gettin the heads off jae n gettin a another block to build!any recomendations as far as what block theyd slap them on?

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by SSF 50:
quote:
quote:
quote:

all shit steppin ur game up uh lol [Big Grin]
lol yea hopefully..d you would seriously be surprised at how good this car runs at the moment..

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hahaha ive always wanted aluminum heads..but the route that i went was very cheap for the moment..now its time to step up [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasty Notch  Ford pictures for Nasty Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All bs aside I jus was in jaejae car bout a hour ago and that shit run way harder that 90% of the alum headed 302's I have ever road in dont get me wrong I'll run his his shit but that another topic..lol but naw his heads will be a great addition to anybody who's lookin for some good street power!!

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

Alex Crisp (Lux) aka "Nasty Notch" of Oakland & Vallejo,out of this list of stolen parts has been selling a rare S351 intake and Vortech YS trim with removed serial number, finding out how to fill a TKO, selling a twEECer, and selling MM camber caster plates! He refuses to answer where these parts are now and who he got these parts from. Either Alex is a thief or knows who the thief is.People like Al ruin the hobby and contaminate our community.

UPDATE: Felon Alex Crisp arrested and jailed

UPDATE2: Alex Crisp guilty of armed robbery

Posts: 941 | From: A intersection | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

quote:
All bs aside I jus was in jaejae car bout a hour ago and that shit run way harder that 90% of the alum headed 302's I have ever road in dont get me wrong I'll run his his shit but that another topic..lol but naw his heads will be a great addition to anybody who's lookin for some good street power!!

+1oooo

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nasty Notch:
All bs aside I jus was in jaejae car bout a hour ago and that shit run way harder that 90% of the alum headed 302's I have ever road in dont get me wrong I'll run his his shit but that another topic..lol but naw his heads will be a great addition to anybody who's lookin for some good street power!! [/QUOTE i need that vid..lol

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com