Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BBK O/R XPIPE W 44s on 94 GT......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BBK O/R XPIPE W 44s on 94 GT......
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
VERY LOUD ! BUT MUCH MUCH FASTER THROUGH THE RPM. REVS MUCH FASTER !! .
I couldnt connect the smog pump tube though , it just wouldnt line up right. what could I plug the hole in the xpipe with ? also now a high pitched whinning sound at cruising speeds,,any ideas what that might be ? check engine light comes on and off on freeway.

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cause of the smog pump pipe not being plug into the exhaust causing you to run rich. via check engine light shows. air/fuel ratio

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Coo, well im going to try to connect it then. maybe the sound will go down a lil bit too. its a lot louder then I thought it would be, and Im not really used to it just yet.
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its loud because you have a huge exhaust leak with out that pipe hooked up.

I welded the tube shut on my xpipe. But, I also removed my air pump and all the smog components.

[ May 05, 2011, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: Ryan_LX ]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah you gotta plug that shit mane. the sound is from that

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will sound a whole lot better once its plugged or connected.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
it will sound a whole lot better once its plugged or connected.

THIS. also solve your check engine problem

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

I just now 'convinced" the smog pump tube to connect properly. I connected a couple extensions, then inserted into the tube,sorta bended and lined it up that way. it didnt kink or anything. sounds great now. not super loud, but just right. thanks everyone for the advice.
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I cant say enough of what a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT, the o/r xpipe is over stock catted h pipe. compared to before the engine rips through the rpms, sounds great , careful going over bumps , or up steep hills , if your car is lowered .
JAYSWAYLV
¯
Member # 13666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAYSWAYLV  Ford pictures for JAYSWAYLV    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'M ABOUT TO PUT A SET OF LONGTUBES AND AND XPIPE ON. XPIPE IS USED AND AIR TUBE HAS BEEN WELDED UP. IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK THE INPUT TO THE SMOG PUMP? I WANT TO RETAIN IT FOR NOW.

--------------------
JASON
92 LX (SOLD)
93 SSP COUPE "VADER"
86 "TEACHERS PET" TRACK CAR
86 SURVIVOR "KNIGHT RYDER" (FOR SALE)

Posts: 43 | From: CONCORD, California | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mack gt, im about to put the same setup as you on my 94 gt....can you post or send me a sound clip of the exhaust....I had super 44s on my fox years ago when they 1st came out, n it sounded like a beast.
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JAYSWAYLV:
I'M ABOUT TO PUT A SET OF LONGTUBES AND AND XPIPE ON. XPIPE IS USED AND AIR TUBE HAS BEEN WELDED UP. IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK THE INPUT TO THE SMOG PUMP? I WANT TO RETAIN IT FOR NOW.

Make your life easier and find a way to connect it to the exhaust. It is only getting harder to SMOG these cars, and you gain NOTHING by removing 80-90% of the emissions parts.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JAYSWAYLV:

You can keep it all on working or have it all not functioning by just not connecting vacuum to it on your 92, I can show you next time you are over.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com