Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How to change tranny oil

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to change tranny oil
Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Driftking209  Ford pictures for Driftking209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I'm lost on this my car only has drain plug there nothing under the hood to feel the tranny I looked under the tranny and there just a drain plug so how do I change it?
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm assuming it's a mustang. drain the oil from the drain plug. i found it easiest to fill through the shifter after it's off. i can't recall how many qrts it holds though.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if its a t5 i pour mine in from the shifter..it should also have a fill hole on the same side as the drain..its gonna be a tad bit higher then the drain tho.goodluck

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^ correct, the fill hole should be above the drain hole. fill it until it pours out from the top hole. i think it's like 2 3/4 qrts, double check this.
Driftking209
¯
Member # 10458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Driftking209  Ford pictures for Driftking209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok thak you guys used to my 04 feel it from the top thanks appreciate it [patriot]
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can buy a pump at the parts store that screws to the quart bottle so you dont have to remove the shifter. remove the bottom plug, drain, reinstall plug, remove top plug, and fill until fluid comes out of the hole

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Driftking209:
Ok thak you guys used to my 04 feel it from the top thanks appreciate it [patriot]

it's almost identical to an `04 mustang manual trans.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just make sure you don't overfill the tranny too much. You can actually ruin seals. If you fill from the shifter, take out the fill plug when you're done and drain the excess out until the fluid stops running out of it.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com