Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » injector pulse trouble?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: injector pulse trouble?
i_am_handles
¯
Member # 6344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_am_handles  Ford pictures for i_am_handles    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think ive got to my problem.. my injectors arent pulsing idk why.. any suggestions?? id apreciate it

--------------------
chevy driver but ill drive a coupe

Posts: 128 | From: middle of a intersection | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
AP9350707
¯
Member # 10334

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP9350707  Ford pictures for AP9350707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you betcha bubba
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this related to your thread about the car not starting that got keyboard gangstered?

Do you get spark? Do you have ~40psi of fuel pressure at the rail test port?

When you turn the key to run, this is what happens -
ECU relay turns on, EEC turns on, fuel pump relay turns on, fuel pump primes for ~2 seconds, TFI turns on.

When you turn the key to crank -
starter solenoid triggers the starter motor to crank, distributor spinning triggers the coil to send spark to each plug in the firing order, EEC triggers fuel injectors to spray in the firing order.

you should be able to track down which of those isn't happening. Maybe it's something silly like the orange wire on the back of the engine harness isn't grounded.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
is this related to your thread about the car not starting that got keyboard gangstered?

Do you get spark? Do you have ~40psi of fuel pressure at the rail test port?

When you turn the key to run, this is what happens -
ECU relay turns on, EEC turns on, fuel pump relay turns on, fuel pump primes for ~2 seconds, TFI turns on.

When you turn the key to crank -
starter solenoid triggers the starter motor to crank, distributor spinning triggers the coil to send spark to each plug in the firing order, EEC triggers fuel injectors to spray in the firing order.

you should be able to track down which of those isn't happening. Maybe it's something silly like the orange wire on the back of the engine harness isn't grounded.

+1 you just broke down how an engine actually works for him lol good shit [Big Grin]
i_am_handles
¯
Member # 6344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_am_handles  Ford pictures for i_am_handles    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya I appreciate it all the help. I think it's my injector harness All fuses and relay are new now. I get spark. All that. I need Sherlock Holmes lol

--------------------

ddarkslayer
¯
Member # 10688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ddarkslayer  Ford pictures for ddarkslayer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
turn you volt meter to the ohm setting and put them on each injector. Is none of them firing? I not then it could be a bad computer. I have an extra FI harness I can sell you with the rail/injectors and the harness.

[ March 22, 2011, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: ddarkslayer ]

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u might havta explain a ohm,,,, lol. im gonna roast u till u get here lol! lol.jk
i_am_handles
¯
Member # 6344

if i had the money id bring it to..all honesty so keep roasting all u want bro. ok im checkin all injectors

--------------------

i_am_handles
¯
Member # 6344

im all fixed.. thanks everyone

--------------------

ddarkslayer
¯
Member # 10688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ddarkslayer  Ford pictures for ddarkslayer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was it the harness?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com