Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1987 brake drum?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1987 brake drum?
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was swapping out a wheel stud, when I realized I did something to make the cover no longer fit back on. Does anyone know what I have to do to put back the drum cover? Thanks for reading.
GTCONV86
¯
Member # 5385

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTCONV86  Ford pictures for GTCONV86    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DID KNOCK THE BRAKE SHOES BACK?
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GTCONV86:
DID KNOCK THE BRAKE SHOES BACK?

Honestly, it got dark on me and I cant really see anything.
"Knocking the the brake shoes back" is that my problem or solution?

tribal3579warrior
¯
Member # 5663

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribal3579warrior  Ford pictures for tribal3579warrior    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you may just need to adjust the brakes. There is an adjuster located in at the bottom in between the brake pads that is a two piece and has a sprocket on one piece. Just screw the Two pieces closer together and you'll be able to compress the brake shoes closer together to get the drums back on.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com